Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 08:30 PM

Re: Mollie's Makeovers

Originally Posted by Mlee ->
Mollie, is that red area in the hallway, material?
It's beautiful!
Love all the chimes. Are they for Spiritual essence?
Mine are. I love the sounds when the wind blows. Mine are outside. Need to get more and redo the ones I have. They're weather beaten already.
Oh, mine are wood.
I use one hung on the back door so that I can hear if someone tries to come in.

You really are crafty.
Janela, I love bright bold colours. I always have, and I just go for it if it's something I like.

Mlee, it isn't red in my hallway, but more of a deep orangy salmon. The bottom half of the walls is actually plaster, done in a bark style. My darling partner was a master plasterer and he did all of that by hand for me. I'll find a close-up of it to show you.

Yes, I love wind-chimes and Indian dream-catchers as well. I have a wooden wind-chime hanging at my kitchen window, and I've a chime in the bathroom, my bedroom, and two in the living room.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 08:42 PM

Here's a close-up of the bark effect wall. This was taken a few years ago and that lamp is now in my upstairs sitting room. Had a new phone as well since then.

Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Here's a close-up of the bark effect wall. This was taken a few years ago and that lamp is now in my upstairs sitting room. Had a new phone as well since then.

It is super beautiful. I love all colors that are pretty. Your honey was also talented.

I've watched all the programs on crafts for the home and do not remember the "Bark Effect."
I love it. I love Salmon colored Lipstick, clothes, anything. It's so calming for me. So is Purple (I think I love purple now because it's the PROSPERITY magnet.) Lol.
I love money, though don't have much of it. (giggles)
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

06-04-2012, 09:33 PM

If you notice the hall ceiling, he did that as well by stippling the plaster. Yes, he was extremely talented in things of that nature.

Here are two plaques which also hang on another wall in my hallway. These were bought by mother circa 1968 and I've always loved them. They have a sort of 3D quality about them:

Mlee
CA USA
Mlee is female  Mlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 10:09 PM

If you notice the hall ceiling, he did that as well by stippling the plaster.

Yes I did notice. Well done.
The plaques look Victorian. They're beautiful.

I also notice you have doilies. I have made so many of them. Still have a lot left. Can not crochet or knit anymore with these hands.

Funny how It is hard for me to even use a pen, but I can sure type away with out cramping up. (giggles).
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

06-04-2012, 10:13 PM

I really must have my eyes tested. I thought I read that I have "dollies." I do have a few doylies, but I didn't make them.

I'll show you my living room next, but that will be tomorrow night now.

Thanks for looking.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 10:25 PM

My you do like strong colours .I always go for much more muted shades .Each to their own as they say .
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

06-04-2012, 10:28 PM

Yes, they are strong aren't they. It's because I'm a fire sign that loves very bright colours.

However, my living room, which I'll put on tomorrow night, is most definitely the opposite and quite bland in comparison.
Mlee
CA USA

06-04-2012, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
I really must have my eyes tested. I thought I read that I have "dollies." I do have a few doylies, but I didn't make them.

I'll show you my living room next, but that will be tomorrow night now.

Thanks for looking.

Mollie, I guess Doilies are spelt either way.

http://www.joann.com/crafts/basic-cr...plies/doilies/

A lot of words have different spellings but mean the same.
I have run across that living in different states. Sorry if I confused you.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

06-04-2012, 11:10 PM

Not a problem lass. It was my eyes, not your spelling!

We say colour, you say color. We say favourite, you say favorite!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top