Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 12:11 AM

Re: Painting - DIY or hire a pro?

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
We do our own.....it's a pain in the %$£^ but when it's finished ah!!!!!ah!!!!ah!!!!
Then somebody wanders into the room and says "You missed a spot!"
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Then somebody wanders into the room and says "You missed a spot!"
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

13-06-2012, 11:19 AM

I painted every room in our previous home, a Welsh farmhouse, white, then I could touch it in on a regular basis. Some years ago I did paint the exterior of the house, or at least the part which required it, but latterly got in a professional as I didn't think I should be climbing up a long ladder with arthritis.

The house we are in the process of buying unfortunately is covered in wallpaper, I dislike wallpaper. Although it has only been decorated recently it is not to my taste, and sooner or later I will want to paint all the walls white so I can keep them fresh and clean.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 11:51 AM

Every single wall in our house has been re plastered and painted, apart from the bathrooms and the toilets which are tiled. It's much easier to keep clean than wallpaper but each to their own. I just like the minimalist look.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

13-06-2012, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Every single wall in our house has been re plastered and painted, apart from the bathrooms and the toilets which are tiled. It's much easier to keep clean than wallpaper but each to their own. I just like the minimalist look.
So do I where house interiors are concerned. If you are selling a place it is best to try to ensure your decoration is
non-invasive if you can. It can be off-putting to a buyer if it hits you when you walk into a room. Strong colours are not a good idea.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 01:14 PM

We also do our own decorating.Hubby papers and I paint............I love painting......Find it quite theraputic......

Hate cleaning out the brushes however.....
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 03:52 PM

I don't mind painting as long as there are no ladders involved otherwise I get someone else to do it
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 07:08 PM

I have always done my own decorating till last year,I dont like wallpaper either but its all a question of taste really.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 10:43 PM

We have always done our own decorating. Inside and out. But we did get a chap to paint the guttering 2 years ago..we were not too happy though, he was a bit slapdash.
We will be decorating the hall soon, wallpaper and emulsion. We don't paint the woodwork, it is varnished.
barebum61
New Member!
Australia
barebum61 is male 

17-07-2012, 08:03 PM

to know the job is done properly ...your better off doing it yourself

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top