Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 01:50 AM

Band of Brothers

For those who enjoy historically accurate WW2 films, I heartily recommend "Band Of Brother's".

The 12 hour film covers the training and combat actions of "Easy" company, 506th P.I.R., of the 101st airborne of the U.S. Army, through the end of the war at Hitler's "Eagles Nest", Bavaria.

(Prior to going into combat for the 1st time, D-Day, they finished training at Aldbourne, and Upottery, England.)

What makes this film so special is that every soldier portrayed, actually was a real life person and their names and actions are completely accurate.

In this film you will not see any Hollywood B.S. Well worth every penny spent.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 07:19 AM

Re: Band of Brothers

I'm not sure if this is the same version of Band Of Brothers as I have, Bakerman. Mine is the 6-DVD box set which came out about 10 years ago?
That is one of the best series I've seen to be honest.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 08:29 AM

I too can recommend band of brothers, if you like that try the pacific, more or less the same, but showing the brutality of war in the Pacific, and what the marines went through, it’s based on the books by eugine sledge and another ( whose name escapes me) but it’s another production by Spielberg be warned though, there are a few gory bits..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 08:37 AM

Have watched some of it .
Excellent .
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 09:40 AM

I thoroughly loved Band of Brothers when it was televised 15 years or so ago

I think that was the first thing I ever saw Damien Lewis in and it catapulted him to stardom
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I too can recommend band of brothers, if you like that try the pacific, more or less the same, but showing the brutality of war in the Pacific, and what the marines went through, it’s based on the books by eugine sledge and another ( whose name escapes me) but it’s another production by Spielberg be warned though, there are a few gory bits..
That sounds good, Primus. What's it called again, Pacific?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That sounds good, Primus. What's it called again, Pacific?
The Pacific
Think it was on the bbc not so long back, might still be on catchup or to download, there are a few clips on you tube if you fancy a taster
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:13 AM

We have the DVD set of Band of Brothers and I agree it is a great series...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-07-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
The Pacific
Think it was on the bbc not so long back, might still be on catchup or to download, there are a few clips on you tube if you fancy a taster
Just looked it up Primus and I think I'll order it. The full series is available in a tin box from Amazon for about £8. Thanks bud
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:18 AM

Sometimes when I watched Brit films (before I lost most of my hearing) the accents of the actors made it hard to understand what they were saying. Just curious, do Brits have difficultly understanding American accents ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top