Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 12:30 PM

Ying tong iddle I po/EastEnders

Did anyone witness that ridiculous scene in EastEnders last night?

The character, Sylvie who supposedly suffers from Altzheimers did a turn in the local pub, the Queen Vic. It was 'Chinese' night with Chinese food being sold and Sylvie was the entertainment.

Dressed as a geisha, she 'offended' everyone in the pub by singing the Ying Tong song. Everyone was so upset that the whole pub cleared out in about ten seconds. Everyone was disgusted and the pub was left with no customers.

Coming from the East End myself and not far from the fictional Walford, I know that at least half of the customers would have found this hilarious, but not the case in BBC land.

Still, I suppose we should be grateful that the BBC are turning their attention to an alternative minority group.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 01:32 PM

Re: Ying tong iddle I po/EastEnders

An absolute classic!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nebe1zuEtbc
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
An absolute classic!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nebe1zuEtbc
Agreed.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 03:49 PM

I was bemused by that in EE, no idea why they all took that attitude. Weird!
The song is funny, not offensive.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 03:53 PM

Sorry Longdongle, but East Enders is one programme I can't stick. Most miserable lot on tv they are.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 04:31 PM

I don't have a TV.

So do not watch any Soaps.

Reading what has been written about this boggles the mind.

BBC do have to get their heads out of their arses and stop trying to stir up tension with the Chinse communtry.

Blood disgusting.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-02-2017, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sorry Longdongle, but East Enders is one programme I can't stick. Most miserable lot on tv they are.
I think it's rubbish too Mups but I like to watch so that I can moan about it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-02-2017, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I don't have a TV.

So do not watch any Soaps.

Reading what has been written about this boggles the mind.

BBC do have to get their heads out of their arses and stop trying to stir up tension with the Chinse communtry.

Blood disgusting.
Tell you what galty, I never thought I would say this because I am a telly addict but I think you might have the right idea not having a tv. Maybe just to play DVDS.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2017, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
With you on that Mups.
I was there in the begining with Den and Angie .
But all that soon faded when they started celebrating every Christmas with a death of some kind.
Can't stand the show these days just like Corrie and Emmerdale.
They should have kept the old actors in it and just sat their dead bodies about the square and moved them about a little bit I am sure that they still would out act the present lot..

LD my opinion of you as dropped somewhat since you owned up to watch that tripe.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-02-2017, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
With you on that Mups.
I was there in the begining with Den and Angie .
But all that soon faded when they started celebrating every Christmas with a death of some kind.
Can't stand the show these days just like Corrie and Emmerdale.
They should have kept the old actors in it and just sat their dead bodies about the square and moved them about a little bit I am sure that they still would out act the present lot..

LD my opinion of you as dropped somewhat since you owned up to watch that tripe.
I only watch it to criticize. Honest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top