Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 10:57 AM

Re: Mooooooon again

I am always disappointed when I point my camera at the moon and it looks smaller.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I am always disappointed when I point my camera at the moon and it looks smaller.
Get a bigger camera
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Get a bigger camera
Or turn it round the correct way.
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 11:25 AM

Or walk up a big hill
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-11-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mister_Oy ->
Or walk up a big hill
I have a serious question for you Mr Oy. Quite often on TV we see images of a huge sun or moon above the sea or above houses, I mean seriously enlarged. How is that done? Is it achieved with a powerful zoom lens or is it more like the 'moon illusion'?

Where I used to live, the moon sometimes looked huge from the top of the hill but the further I went down the hill, the smaller it got.

Sorry, I suppose I should post this in your photographic help thread.
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have a serious question for you Mr Oy. Quite often on TV we see images of a huge sun or moon above the sea or above houses, I mean seriously enlarged. How is that done? Is it achieved with a powerful zoom lens or is it more like the 'moon illusion'?

Where I used to live, the moon sometimes looked huge from the top of the hill but the further I went down the hill, the smaller it got.

Sorry, I suppose I should post this in your photographic help thread.
It’s all to do with the angle the light comes through the atmosphere at. The shallower the angle - the larger the Sun or Moon appears.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-12-2017, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mister_Oy ->
It’s all to do with the angle the light comes through the atmosphere at. The shallower the angle - the larger the Sun or Moon appears.
Thanks. I was never quite sure if it was a camera trick or not.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top