Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 11:36 AM

Re: Carpet cleaner.

Originally Posted by carol View Post
Thanks everybody.

I don't want to buy a really expensive one ... I'm thinking it might pay me to hire one for the day.
That's a good idea carol, we only bought one after we'd hired the local rug doctor four times and decided one of our own would be cost efficient for us, mid elderly dog being incontinent and puppy learning where to pee we were proved right
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 05:31 PM

Last year I did have a company come in to clean my light cream stair and landing carpet. Worked out that for little more than they charged me, i could have purchased a carpet cleaner and kept it for myself to use whenever and wherever I wanted. I reaearched these with care - I only have carpets on the stairs and in the bedrooms, although also a rug on the wooden floor in my sitting room.
Took me some time before I decided to take the plunge then had to find out the cheapest way of obtaining my smaller, lighter Vax DualPower machine . Found it I purchased direct from Vax(on line) it was much cheaper (then) than any of the other suppliers. I did need one that had a attachment for cleaning those stairs - and have been very pleased with this machine. And I can loan it to my daughter who lives nearby for her to use if she requires it..
AnnieS
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:08 PM

We have a Vax. It's not used that often as the floors downstairs and in the upstairs master bedroom are wooden, but there is still carpet in most of upstairs hall and spare bedrooms. It's ok but I don't use it often. It can snag the carpet if you are not careful and have a berber loop. I have stopped bothering with the solution. I just use hot water. Works pretty well IMO.
AnnieS
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:09 PM

By the way Carol I am not sure how much the hire company charge but last time I used this many years ago it was about 40 and buying the machine cost less that 100. So IMO not worth it hiring.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 10:55 AM

Thanks for your answers everybody.
I've decided to hire a Rug Doctor for 24 hours from my local Tesco starting tomorrow at 10.00am.

Looks like I'm going to have a busy Sunday.

It costs 22. 95 so not too bad I thought - Plus the cleaning solution of course.
realspeed
Chatterbox
east sussex
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 11:09 AM

Carol
is that one with heating to help dry out the carpet. If not then this time of year you may will be having a damp carpet for several days.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top