Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 03:23 PM

Re: Is DIY a good thing?

Yes I can sleep a bit more safer at nights now
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 11:41 PM

That's really good news, Alicat.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
That's really good news, Alicat.
Cheers to you all
Alicat
West Berkshire

25-11-2009, 05:31 PM

I'm having the Fire Brigade come here tonight, they do a free service where they spend about half an hour checking around your house to see how safe it is incase of a fire. They said if they get a live call they will have to go as it's a live crew coming around in a fire engine That will get the naighbours talking, seeing all the firemen coming in
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 05:35 PM

It's just an excuse, isn't it.........
But seriously - great service!
Alicat
West Berkshire

25-11-2009, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
It's just an excuse, isn't it.........
But seriously - great service!
Okay, you've seen through me I just wanted to see those men in their uniforms Mind you my husband will be home as well
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 06:04 PM

Lol you girls!
Alicat
West Berkshire

25-11-2009, 11:16 PM

Actually they were very good. Two firemen turned up, parked their fire engine outside and they gave us a lot of good advice, like putting a door on our kitchen as if a fire started in the kitchen the smoke would bellow out and block our escape route to the front door. Mind you, they did think I was a bit mad when I said that I was going to get a rope and two pairs of gardening gloves, tie the rope to something so we could climb down the rope wearing the gloves to get out of our bedroom window They said it's never a good idea to actually jump out of the window but if you ever had to, to throw down something soft that you could land on, my husband recommended me!!!!

We had a lot of good sound advice from them and they put up two smoke alarms, they were really expensive good ones and they were free as well, so all in all it was well worth it.

You must all think I'm paranoid
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 11:22 PM

Didn't they show you how they would rescue you from a bedroom window, Alicat:?
Alicat
West Berkshire

25-11-2009, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Didn't they show you how they would rescue you from a bedroom window, Alicat:?
It would take a bloomin' crane to rescue me Mags I'm a big lass.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top