Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 05:10 PM

Enjoying the little pleasures

I've been an avid motorcyclist for 30 years now riding over 500,000 miles. I've collected a lot of the right clothing for every weather condition over the years. I took a 70 mile ride yesterday to keep the battery in my 2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring in good shape. I never put my bikes in winter storage but rather pick my spots to ride as far and as often as I can.

I rode to a motorcycle leather shop to have some repairs and additions to two leather items to make riding in cold weather more enjoyable. I 've had a pair of leather bib-overalls made by BMW motorcycles for 25 years. They are still in great shape except that my shape has changed. It's like trying to get 3 pounds of sausage in a two pound sack. This leather smith is letting out the seams about two inches so the clothing will fit better and even allow me to breathe. My leather jacket had snaps replaced and repaired so I can limit the intrusion of cold wind down my sleeves and neck.

These small changes didn't cost a whole lot but make a world of difference in overall comfort so I can get out & ride in below freezing weather. It's not for everyone but it keeps me young.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 02:20 AM

Re: Enjoying the little pleasures

Rather you than me - I hate being out in the cold Bob
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2010, 03:23 AM

I think it's wonderful that you get so much pleasure from your riding, Bob. Not for me, I can't even ride a bicycle, and loathe the cold weather as much as Azz does. May you have many many more years enjoying it!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2010, 09:50 PM

It's a big regret of mine that I never got a motorbike licence. If I had, I might have got pleasure out of riding too.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top