Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 12:19 PM

The Banking Dictators

A statement from the city this morning, . . to claw back any cash the government takes from the bankers regarding obscene bonuses, the banks are now considering and threatening to impose higher charges to customers.

At the moment there's no charge on current accounts, this could change, also credit card charges, they say these could also be hiked up, so look out, you may have to pay a fee on each credit card transaction.
If my bank tries this on with me I shall withdraw every penny and go elsewhere.

The tax payer bailed them out last year, . . saved their jobs in the process and this is the thanks we get, . . some of the branches of RBS and Lloyds are being sold off, . . (Virgin Money is very interested at the moment).
Because the tax payer owns most of the RBS I will be very interested in how they're gonna get away with price hikes.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 12:30 PM

Re: The Banking Dictators

What gall these bankers have, we bail them out and they give themselves bonuses
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 04:26 PM

..AND they make HUGE profits. Wasn't Barclays in the news a wile back making FIVE MILLION pounds profit every minute? Or something like that!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 04:47 PM

The CEO of the Royal Bank gets 2 million shares in 3 years as a bonus, . . even his parents thought he was overpaid, . . it galls me no end to see payouts like this, . . I've worked hard all my life and in that lifetime of work I've never earned cash like his bonus.

Some city experts said last year for the government not to curb or reduce their salaries in case they left for pastures new, . . I say call their bluff, . . if they aint happy let them soddoff to Switzerland and soak someone else, . . we can do without parasites like these don'cha think.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 05:22 PM

If we don`t pay bonuses then we will lose all the expertise??

How arrogant is that??? These `experts` don`t seem to have done that well
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 08:18 PM

This just came in over my computer.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...hatsNewsSecond
nero
Central Scotland

17-01-2010, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
This just came in over my computer.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...hatsNewsSecond
Thanks for the link Joan, . . this is why the British bankers are making threats IMO, . . they've got the wind up in case Gordon Brown adopts the same strategy.
buzzie
USA

17-01-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Thanks for the link Joan, . . this is why the British bankers are making threats IMO, . . they've got the wind up in case Gordon Brown adopts the same strategy.
probably so, Denis.
nero
Central Scotland

22-01-2010, 06:14 PM

The bankers are at it again, . . they're doing exactly the same thing again that bankrupted the planet 18 months ago, . . they are gambling with our money on the money markets.

It's time they were regulated very closely by legislation, . . president Obama has given them a clear signal that this has to stop, . . it's our cash they're playing with, it's not Monopoly money.
buzzie
USA

22-01-2010, 07:05 PM

I know Denis, Obama is trying to keep the banks from doing the same thing they did a year and a half ago. Now they are telling him it is a bad move and that we will not be able to compete with the world banks but you know who is saying this. The dow dropped over 200 points and they are crying their eyes out.

but the worst happened yesterday, you probably know. The Fat Cats are in control againwith this decision by the supreme court. Obama has had a bad week and I think he needed to get away from it all for a day, so he came to Ohio today. This state needs jobs so I hope he can help some but he just is between a rock and a hard place in everything he tries to do.

The Republican winning in Mass. to replace Ed. Kennedy's seat was another bad day for him and all of us who voted for him. I can't say I like everything he has done but I know why he has decided to do it.

Sorry to say, I think he will be in just one term. Doing the right thing in politics, just does not seem to work.....sorry to say

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top