Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 10:22 PM

Re: cool, cool Australia!

there's a nip in the air at 18C as I walk the dogs. They seem to enjoy their early morning prance and dash off hunting wallabies in the thickets - but never catch any. I often see one small soul lying dead on the roadside - they do seem to aim themselves at cars! I was driving a car on a dead straight empty road once. Just me alone and out of the corner of my eye came a roo. I slowed down and the roo changed direction and headed straight for the front of the car - caused some damage too!

by lunch time it's climbed to 30C but the humidity is low and the light breezes refreshing. We almost got a shower yesterday but it was a Kimberley trick!

Sunsets are always magic - not sure if "red sky at night - sailors delight" applies over here? but a bowl of tobacco, glass of bourbon and Puccini is magic. Then it starts getting cold again! Well off to turn on the reticulation that's fed from the bore and artesian wells

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top