Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 07:28 PM

Re: Who has a blog and what is it about?

Thanks Nom - really good looking blog there.
The photos are excellent and it's well written.
I'll have a look on Google
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 10:15 PM

I don't have a personal blog but I write articles on subjects I'm interested in. I run a few websites for instance that have blogs attached to them - such as the local running club website I recently revamped. I have, in fact, just written a blog entry called 'Slower Race Times'.

I like writing - I find it fascinating to be honest with you. I'm sure it does you the power of good to use your brain in such a manner. Personal blogs on the other hand are a bit self absorbed - bit narcissistic surely?

Slower Race Times?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 10:36 PM

Can't berate your race credentials, you buggered of quick after posting this.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Can't berate your race credentials, you buggered of quick after posting this.
In like Flynn out like Trout
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2016, 12:01 PM

Blimey MKJ, I had to have a lye down after reading about running - proper wore me out it did guv
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2016, 11:43 AM

I ran my real blogs down after i could no longer get out and about. Just keep a token gesture going now but nothing elaborate.

http://shuggyboat.blogspot.co.uk/
gasman
Kent, UK

27-04-2016, 09:56 AM

That's a good looking blog Nom and interesting too.
I'm still getting used to my camera ( Nikon D5300 ) Only had it a year and use it about once a week. Must try to get out more with it and post some pics on here.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I don't have a personal blog but I write articles on subjects I'm interested in. I run a few websites for instance that have blogs attached to them - such as the local running club website I recently revamped. I have, in fact, just written a blog entry called 'Slower Race Times'.

I like writing - I find it fascinating to be honest with you. I'm sure it does you the power of good to use your brain in such a manner. Personal blogs on the other hand are a bit self absorbed - bit narcissistic surely?

Slower Race Times?
Excellent article Mark, even runners like me, who are approaching the finishing line so to speak, can still learn something from your interesting blogs.
Although speed has never been my thing, recently I have been incorporating some short faster intervals in my usual 8 milers and have been feeling good afterwards. I did try 'carbo loading' once and it produced my fastest all time marathon at Telford.....3 hours and 26 seconds! never did manage the sub three hour marathon.
Although I write about my running in 'Bob's Bits' elsewhere on this forum I hope it's not taken as been narcissistic. Memories can be re-lived while writing blogs and after a lifetime of running they come flooding back while I recount them, and I would like to think that people who read them might be inspired to try running themselves or just interested in the life of a 'has been' - My daughter would disagree with this last comment saying "Dad, you have to have been somebody before you can be a has been".
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 07:11 AM

I have recently signed up to the Wildlife Trust "Go Wild in June" campaign - the idea being that one does something wild each day during the month of June. It can be something as simple as feeding the birds in the garden or as exciting as arranging a field trip. One of the suggestions in the campaign literature was to start a blog as a record to share with others on the campaign. I have done many things with computers - but blogging wasn't one of them. I dithered about it, then sort advice on how/where to begin and now - hey presto - I own a blog There is nothing remotely interesting in it at the moment - just a couple of test pieces - but come the 1st June ... !!!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 07:17 AM

I don't understand the need for people to air their personal thoughts publically in blogs. Would you have shown your diary to strangers years ago? I don't doubt that my day to day activities are fascinating - to me - but personally it seems to be another version of the endless selfies people seem obsessed with. Sorry to be a grinch, maybe it's just a form of therapy for the blogger.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top