Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2016, 08:15 AM

Re: Robert Juniors' NEW poems

The road to hell is littered with good intentions. I can’t say that was one of my dear old Grampy’s expressions, after my recent confession that I have been attributing all my wise sayings collected over many years to him.

I have been trying to write a thousand words every day to train myself to write more. I have this need to express myself in ways other than vocal. Alas my voice and confidence are frail.

I have plenty of good intentions but they litter my road to Glory
In a thousand different ways. Broken promises, worthwhile projects not completed, people I failed miserably to contact, I could go on. Places I should have visited & pl;aces I should not.

I have dear friend, a retired Anglican Vicar who only preached on hell once to his recollection. He is 89 and just retired for the last time after being called to serve way past the years his contemporaries were expected.

But then he is an exceptional man. I remember this particular sermon and He answered in his own way the vexed question of heaven &hell, who will go there and who will St Peter say “I don’t now you, your name are it in the book of life.

When that day comes who on earth can say what happens in the after life if it exist. Will Christians find themselves in a place in a line next to Hindus Moslems Buddhists et al? How can a loving God of peace and joy permit such a place as hell to exist? Isn’t hell now on earth. Havent we all our own private hell, tailor made for us and by us.

Look around the world at al the cruelty and unfairness, the violence and selfishness. The obscenely vast wealth enjoyed by so few, sat amidst poverty and suffering on an unimaginable scale.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2016, 09:20 AM

Interesting reading from the heart RJ .... well done
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Heaven is a wondrous place
Where all is calm, devoid of race
No black no white, no in-between
Precious metals, jewels are seen
Silver streams gush and flow
Golden raindrops , bright rainbows
I once went there I know not how or when,
I would like to go again
It was a wondrous place
I knew every face
Smiling at me amongst precious stones
Speaking softly in dulcet tones
“Is he coming soon” wafted the voice
“All in God’s time” then we’ll rejoice
His father’s here and now his mother
The heads turned , smiling at each other
“He’s struggling, can’t we bring him to Glory?”
“ A little longer , when he has finished his story”.
(c) RJ

nice one RJ from the heavens!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top