Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 01:02 PM

Re: Shooting....?

If this were a pissing contest, I could show you my elastic band gun.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Your finger isn't on the trigger(pistol)is it?
Naughty you, if it is.

:
Of course it is, you don't think the navy would allow me to have bullets as well do you?

... and my son told me I would lose a finger if I held the Styr like that.

The only gun I ever owned was a .22 magnum rifle, good for dispatching rabbits and feral cats but that was all. When Howard brought in the new gun laws I sold it.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Of course it is, you don't think the navy would allow me to have bullets as well do you?
Bad practice but I like your reply.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 04:17 PM

I have fired a couple of `real guns` A .22 rifle,and a .38 revolver-both with blanks and that was it. My only gun is a pretty powerful air pistol and I used to use it for target practice. I do take it out now and again to show pigeons-they just laugh mocking me `you would never shoot at us and even if you did your eyesight is so crap you would miss`
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I have fired a couple of `real guns` A .22 rifle,and a .38 revolver-both with blanks and that was it. My only gun is a pretty powerful air pistol and I used to use it for target practice. I do take it out now and again to show pigeons-they just laugh mocking me `you would never shoot at us and even if you did your eyesight is so crap you would miss`
Don't get caught in a public place.....I can imagine the headlines.

"Older Git caught with his weapon out in public"
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Don't get caught in a public place.....I can imagine the headlines.

"Older Git caught with his weapon out in public"

But was it `cocked?` and did he has his safety on?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

07-07-2016, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
But was it `cocked?` and did he has his safety on?
Haha......
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's not a gun, this is a gun...

9mm Glock pistol and a Styr rifle (the pic titles might give it away)
That handgun is a Browning Hi-Power though, not a Glock..

It always amuses me the mistakes in films with guns.

Like the second Die Hard, where Willis tells the airport police that one of the terrorists had a Glock 7 ceramic pistol that won't show up on airport x-rays. It was a Glock 17 which is polymer frame (not ceramic) and most certainly will show up on x-rays.

Also the number of times you'll see something like an M16 which appears to be able to fire about a 100 rounds between mag changes. The mags hold 30 rounds and in full auto can empty the mag in 3 seconds....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 11:43 AM

Living here near the rifle ranges I just wish they made quieter guns it scares the dogs when they are shooting and that causes all the neighbourhood dogs to make a racket. Gets the dog owners in trouble
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2016, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Also the number of times you'll see something like an M16 which appears to be able to fire about a 100 rounds between mag changes. The mags hold 30 rounds and in full auto can empty the mag in 3 seconds....
I always find it amusing, when watching American war films, and I see the 'goodies' shooting their 'tommy guns' which, in addition to never running out of ammunition, magically seem to always hit their targets without fail. At the same time, the Germans/Japanese have such poor weapons and skills that they never seem to hit anyone.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top