Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 07:18 PM

Re: Ballroom dancing.

Does the funky gibbon count
socialdancer
Dublin, Ireland
socialdancer is female 

11-07-2016, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Does the funky gibbon count
Anything that gets you out on the dancefloor
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 07:31 PM

Hi again Rosemary . You may like to watch this YouTube video ... it was taken at the Bridlington Sequence Dance Festival two years ago ... I'm dancing across in front of the camera about 50 seconds into the video after a lady with a black top and red skirt ... I'm wearing a white top and dark skirt ....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sn...dHHg1hbvKsM%3A

It was because of the Snowberry Foxtrot I happened to find Over50sForum
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
We've had lessons in ballroom, latin and sequence on and off for about ten years now. Like you, we love it, it's changed our lives!
Wow Deb I never knew you danced too
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2016, 08:30 PM

Hi Rosemary,

I to love Ballroom and Latin American dancing.

You can ask Myrtle, I started learning to dance at the age of 10 and passed all my exams and got medals for:-

Imperial, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Gold Bar

I stopped lessons when I was 17 years old, but now I wished I kept it up, as now that I am married I don't dance at all, as my Husband can't dance and won't learn. The last time I was taken around the dance floor was in 1990 when my Mum re-married and her Husband was a Retired Dance Teacher.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

11-07-2016, 08:33 PM

But Susie you do sometimes have a dance with your mum
socialdancer
Dublin, Ireland
socialdancer is female 

11-07-2016, 10:30 PM

Nice to "see" you Myrtle! This is me a couple of years ago doing the Ennerdale Waltz with our dance teacher friend, who was a sequence competitor back in the day.

https://youtu.be/SP4azoGBgyY
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

11-07-2016, 10:36 PM

Lovely Rosemary

I'm subscribed to their website as it happens ... small world eh ?

Lucky you having such great teachers

Have you checked out Sequence Dancing UK's website ? ... loads of social sequence teaching videos on there
socialdancer
Dublin, Ireland
socialdancer is female 

11-07-2016, 10:45 PM

Are you subscribed to Dance Addiction or ballroomdancematters? Because my husband and I set up and ran ballroomdancematters but closed it down two years ago! My husband made that video and a lot of others, but not enough people were interested in the sequence dancing so our teacher friend discontinued the classes. Really miss them. Yes we do look at Sequence Dance UK
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

11-07-2016, 10:50 PM

Ballroomdancematters ... and when I played your video it shows I'm subscribed

Shannah and Phil from SDUK took over the teaching at one venue I went to (Modern Sequence) a few years ago ... I had to stop going because they taught us as if we were children and they were not really up to teaching Modern Sequence (their forte is Ballroom/Latin) ... but ok with the social sequence.

We're used to learning a dance in 15 minutes ... they took almost an hour !!!!! Yawn

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top