Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 12:10 PM

Re: Over 50's Club OZ

bloody marvellous - just finished watering and the storm blew in - lovely monsoonal rains- thunder etc - waiting for power to go - love sitting out with a pipe and glass of ale - always liked storms
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:39 PM

G'day Gumbud.
In the past I've heard you refer to a place called 'Kimberly' so I got out me map and found 'Kimberly Downs' in Western Australia, near the 'King Leopold Ranges' is that you?
You mentioned that Mrs Gumbud was traveling to Perth and Melbourne......That is some serious distance.....Would she be flying?

Enjoy your Pipe and Ale Gumbud wish I was there, I probably wouldn't be having any back trouble if I was......

Oh, just one more thing, judging by the time that you wrote your last post I assume that you are 15 hours in front of me in Yorkshire, but when I watch 'Get Me Out Of Here' they are only about ten hours in front. Is that because it is filmed at the Eastern side of Aus?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
G'day Gumbud.
In the past I've heard you refer to a place called 'Kimberly' so I got out me map and found 'Kimberly Downs' in Western Australia, near the 'King Leopold Ranges' is that you?
You mentioned that Mrs Gumbud was traveling to Perth and Melbourne......That is some serious distance.....Would she be flying?

Enjoy your Pipe and Ale Gumbud wish I was there, I probably wouldn't be having any back trouble if I was......

Oh, just one more thing, judging by the time that you wrote your last post I assume that you are 15 hours in front of me in Yorkshire, but when I watch 'Get Me Out Of Here' they are only about ten hours in front. Is that because it is filmed at the Eastern side of Aus?
yes we are in the Kimberley region [spelt correctly - can't stand illiterate poms!] of Western Australia big place - I think UK can fit into 5-6 times. Kimberley downs is some way a way from us - few hrs drive - although you could run it!

we are about 7/8 hrs ahead in the west but the east OZ is 3 hrs ahead of us! [do the sums}

big distances like 3000 kms to melbourne etc we fly but short distances like 5-12 hrs we sometimes fly but do enjoy 4X driving - the countryside is magnificent!

the bigness of OZ affects you - you start thinking big, travelling big, building big and funning big - life is one big ball! unless you are muddy and knows OZ very well but just goes to all the tourist spots - we try to avoid them for obvious reasons - if you ever get a chance watch a program called "Back Roads" all about the hundreds of small towns in OZ [you would call villages] the true heart of OZ with an Indigenous overlay!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

05-12-2016, 09:23 AM

life in a small OZ town - dog shit in the laundry room - he's having too much bullock meat and it's too rich - guess who cleans it up - not him!

wife text - running out of cash - can I do some bank transfers - of course dear I am only an old aged pensioner on my last legs but don't worry about me [we should swop notes OGF].

computer had crashed also so been moving a second hand one from the FIL and trying to get going all day - parts missing and had to be replace so finally here I am! - can't exist without it like OGF.

FIL fell off a ladder the other day and cracked his head - now feeling dizzy and faint - they sent him home with cement on his head not like the old days 48 hrs in hospital for neurological observations every 15 mins - ah well we are heading down the same road as UK.

drop him at hospital then onto shopping - picked him up 40 mins later - can you take him back home now! - he had been assessed as mild concussion and could look after himself - they can sometimes do heroic things for tourists like saving their legs and lives and nothing for the regulars!

got home - ready for a beer and internet when another call from FIL - forgot the shopping can you take me - I can get to his place in 12 mins by car but that's not the point I need a feckin rest!

must remember to get pissed tonight!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

10-12-2016, 09:16 PM

well here in the west we are well and truly into the wet - we have had storms monsoonal rains for three consecutive days - joy of joys! no need to keep watering the plants and the fire danger is decidedly low. difficult to walk the dogs though!

no need to aircon? yes we still need them as it gets too humid and sticky at night!

no cyclones as yet
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

13-12-2016, 03:21 AM

well in the warm climes of OZ we still favor traditional Xmas fare turkey remains popular and of course a big ham - however other hot/cold favorites are sea platters with oysters/lobsters/king prawns [put another prawn on the barbie hoges!] and anything else that comes out of the water - octopus of course but most draw the line at shark!

side dishes of salads euro and asian all guzzled down with good old ozzie beer and vino

cheers one and all
Bayardicus
Australia
Bayardicus is male  Bayardicus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 12:11 PM

Cripes, mate....!! I`ll think i`ll stick around in ''cool-for-cats'' Melbourne for the time being...although, if things become a little TOO hectic...i can always escape in to the hinterland, and (possibly) lie low for a few days...!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

21-05-2017, 01:17 PM

well I did try to get the ozzies together on here but there were no takers!!
Bayardicus
Australia
Bayardicus is male  Bayardicus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 12:28 PM

...Probably all still larking about over in Bali, or some such place...Larrikins the lot of `em, they are...!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top