Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:22 AM

New Boiler

Having a new Boiler fitted today (hence being on here) I personally fitted the old one twenty years ago, so, seeing it ripped was a bit emotional. The cost of it will be recouped in not having to pay service contracts on the old one, and in energy savings with the new one.
Having done loads of DIY in the past, it is good to let someone else have the hassle.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:51 AM

Re: New Boiler

Just read back the thread I started, when at the quotation stage, didn't go with British Gas in the end, not because of the price or the product (All the big players were much of a much on that front), but because of the interest rate on the finance BG 14.9% Apr, our chosen installer 4% Apr, this makes a significant difference to the total cost.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:51 AM

Hope it goes well for you we are going to have to bite the bullet soon ours is obsolete so next break down will likely be its last.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

08-03-2017, 12:00 PM

Thanks Julie, when I fitted the first one, it was located inside a coat cupboard, in the hall way, when I built the front extension, that section of the hall became the downstairs Loo, so, the pipe work that had no aesthetic value inside a coat cupboard was now on view, and needed an elaborate boxing in system to accommodate it. When the guy arrived this morning, I have asked him to neaten and condense the pipe work, just had a look and he's done a smashing job, with stuff like this, I always look to the future, and consider the increase in the house value, should ever we sell.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 12:56 PM

That's an amazing life span for boiler.

I think the new ones despite being efficient do not last so long. But who knows.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 02:00 PM

May I wish you and your boiler many happy years together...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
That's an amazing life span for boiler.

I think the new ones despite being efficient do not last so long. But who knows.
Old ones lasted ours was put in 1988 and hasn't really been a problem it's the programmers and thermometers that have always needed replacing.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Old ones lasted ours was put in 1988 and hasn't really been a problem it's the programmers and thermometers that have always needed replacing.
Let me know if you have any problems Julie.
I can recommend someone very good for repairs or replacement.

They are not too far from you.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

08-03-2017, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Let me know if you have any problems Julie.
I can recommend someone very good for repairs or replacement.

They are not too far from you.
Thank you that's a kind offer.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 02:39 PM

Spitty , 10 yrs ago I had a Halstead boiler installed , after a couple of years I went into a yearly contract with sse to maintain my boiler , mainly because I felt although it's gonna cost me monthly at least they will come and repair it quickly and a service yearly , it made me feel safe as I've found gas fitters round here not dependable . My service engineer tells me each time he comes it's a useless boiler yet in 10 yrs it's worked no problem apart from a new thermostat 4 yrs ago . They tell me Halstead is not a good make etc etc .

I do hate paying my monthly direct debit of £22 but it does help me to know I can call them out within 24 hrs and they will fix it . A plumber gas man came to me 2 weeks ago as I need a new tap fitting as each time I turn it on with hot water it sounds like a ship coming into port ! The guy said he'd be in touch very soon , 2 weeks gone by and still no contact , yet he said to me I'll look after your boiler tor you ! Can you Immagine if I depended on him !

P.s , each time my tap hooter blasts out I say , my ship is coming in at last ,but knowing me I'd be at the airport .........

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top