Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 04:07 PM

Re: Memory Foam Mattress Yea or Nay

This explains a lot about different mattresses. Latex is much better than memory foam, but they do all the different mattresses.

I dealt with this privately owned company just before last Christmas, they are especially helpful with any queries. Delivery on time, no problems, and cheaper than other brands .
It might take you time to navigate your way through their site, but worth spending a bit of time on.

https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/under...d-memory-foam/

Oh ! I see Realist used the same company. Has to be good
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 04:52 PM

My usual hotel in Bournemouth went over to all memory foam mattresses, and I was far too hot! There was also a hot spot in the wall, and each night I had to drag the bed out away from it. I asked for a usual mattress but they just replied all in the hotel were MF.

Personally I don't like them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2017, 11:32 PM

I have a memory foam topper on top of my orthopaedic mattress, it's very comfortable and I don't find it too warm.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 08:19 AM

Our mattress consists of a layer of foam that isn't memory foam with a layer of memory foam bonded on top. I believe a lot of mattresses described as 'memory foam' have this layered construction.

It is years old but still as good and comfortable as new. It isn't much warmer than other sorts of mattresses that we've had over the years. Any marginal difference the memory foam layer makes as regards that is offset by the comfort of the mattress.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 08:20 AM

With all the comments about memory foam being warm to sleep in bothers me as I don't think my body thermostat works properly as I'm always too hot when sleeping all year round. Even last week when people complained it was getting chilly in the night I had a big electric fan at the foot of the bed on all night.
Thanks everyone for replying to my question. 😃
cbrown372
Scotland
cbrown372 is female  cbrown372 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2017, 05:59 PM

If you can find an independent bed shop rather than the likes of Dreams you will get better advice and service or as the above website. My local shop has great service and will come out and turn your mattress whenever you ask them.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2017, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
We are on holiday and the beds are memory foam. OH says its remembered the fat so &so who was here before us..

I feel as if I'm sleeping in a ditch !
^ Oh my gosh, too funny, but I had the pit-dwelling experience! Also: Way. Too. Hot.

There is some good advice above about getting a good spring mattress that will last.

Happy shopping .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top