Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 08:25 AM

Re: Stamina

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Good grief, terribly sorry to hear about the decline in your counts, UJ. What is the mechanism that would the chemotherapy do to increase your counts? I always thought that chemo caused thrombocypenia or could make it worse. Wouldn't a transfusion help in the short run?

I hope you get some sort of treatment soon. It has to be frustrating!

I was told at the time that I had a virus which was causing the Thrombocytopenia and therefore Chemo-therapy would destroy this particular virus. It is possible that the Chemo damped it down without killing it off altogether and after the chemo stopped the virus has returned.

Re Transfusions, yes they helped, whilst I was in hospital in March they gave me five bags of Plasma - this pushed my platelet levels above 50,000 which enabled them to discharge me and treat me as an out-patient.

Will now be doing yet another blood test next Monday prior to seeing Consultant next Tuesday.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2017, 11:28 AM

I really pray it's better news Uj.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2017, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Well p*ssed off!!! - Went on demonstration this morning in support of the NHS - there was to be a march too from the place where the demonstration began down through the town to the Conference Centre (The Labour Party are holding there conference here this week). Thrombocytopenia has robbed me of all my energy and stamina and I was unable to join the march, much to my chagrin.

Will now have to come to terms with the fact I am no longer able to attend demonstrations and marches
When Hibernian won the Scottish Cup in 2016 I couldn't go to the victory parade as I was alternately boiling then freezing - didn't realise I had a fever but saw my doctor the next day (Monday) and was in hospital by Thursday as they suspected cancer.

These days I tend to avoid crowds both through my anxiety issues and fear of catching something nasty.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top