Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 05:38 PM

Apples

Sue decided they were cooking apples which she has been doing. Not many left on the tree now.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 05:57 PM

Re: Apples

I picked my apples yesterday and gave a bag full to my daughter to take home. I dont know what they are, they look like a Cox, but I am sure they are not. The little tree was here when I moved in and this year the apples are twice the size they have been previously. Obviously due to my pruning.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 06:03 PM

We took out 2 pear trees planted to close to the apples and now a you can see the apples are doing a lot better
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 06:51 AM

One of my neighbours has just given me 3 x 6lb bags of bramley apples - guess what I will be doing at the weekend!!

Most of them will go into Spiced Apple Chutney and will become Christmas gifts for friends - including the lovely neighbour. The surplus will be cooked and frozen.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 08:12 PM

It's so nice to see your fruit and know that you are doing something with it. I live in an area where there are so many fruit trees which have been inherated by younger people and they just let the fruit fall to the ground and rot. We even have a "kelter" where you can for a small price take fruit to be juiced but so many just can't be bothered. There are still quite a few older people doing it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top