Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 09:36 PM

Which tradesman?

For quite a while there's been an 'earthy' smell in the kitchen.

When I was altering the leggy thing on the washing machine (don't ask), I was on my hands and knees and smelled the floor as the smell was drifting up. The floor smells 'earthy' but shows no sign of wetness.

There are no signs the washing machine is leaking (that I can see) and there are 3 drains outside on that wall.

My thoughts are wanting the crawl space to be inspected for anything. So, who do I get in for that?
Plumber, surveyor, builder....... ?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 09:58 PM

Re: Which tradesman?

The smell may be dry rot which is caused by dampness strangely enough (leaking pipe used for wash m/c empty hose?) so may be better to get a builder in to investigate.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:04 PM

Dry rot? Thanks Judd

Think I'll wait until spring and get a vase of smelly flowers and put the place on the market. This place sucks
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:08 PM

Hi

You could always pm Mups and get Dave the Decorator round.

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:11 PM

Have you done a little poopadoop?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

02-10-2017, 10:15 PM

Get lost Swimmy....

Funnily, I had a similar guy to Mups's Dave except he was a plumber. The most horrible chap I have ever had dealings with.
The chap (forgotten his name) who was papering and painting the hall stairs and landing told him to go and get lost (I asked him to). He couldn't believe how positively rude and aggressive someone could be to a customer.

Dreadful man. He even refused to sort the piping out when it all came apart and flooded the kitchen.

The moral of my story is my decorator, bless him, was lovely and nothing like Mups's Dave
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

02-10-2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Have you done a little poopadoop?
Don't be silly, mine are large superior ones
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Don't be silly, mine a large superior ones
There's your answer...your a**e has got dry rot.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

02-10-2017, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
There's your answer...your a**e has got dry rot.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2017, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The smell may be dry rot which is caused by dampness strangely enough (leaking pipe used for wash m/c empty hose?) so may be better to get a builder in to investigate.

How can 'Dry Rot' be caused by wet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top