Join for free
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 06:38 PM

Find My Past Free Access To Military Records

Too good an opportunity to miss for anyone who hasn't delved into their ancestors military past before.

https://blog.findmypast.co.uk/free-m...507754965.html

To mark Remembrance weekend, we're making all of our military record collections FREE to everyone from Wednesday 8 - Sunday 12 November 2017.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 07:47 PM

Re: Find My Past Free Access To Military Records

You sweet little Morti.
I have all the ones I need, but that is really good for others.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 09:36 PM

I belonged to FMP for a while, Morty, but did not find their main site as useful as Ancestry. The 1939 list was good though.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 10:04 PM

no not very good at all no records
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I belonged to FMP for a while, Morty, but did not find their main site as useful as Ancestry. The 1939 list was good though.
I'm in two minds. I found my granddad's records on there for the late Boer War.
But ancestry outshone my g--g grandma for her criminal records Apparently she couldn't resist nicking laundry. Yeh, I know .. aim high hey.

I kid you not, because I read the newspaper articles ... she worked in a laundry, stole loads of sheets from a nearby Hotel who had their laundry done there ... cut out the hotel name tabs and .. this cracked me up .. took the holey sheets off to the nearest pawn shops.
Last time I came across her (1881 census) she was in the nick working in the prison laundry.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 12:08 PM

Love that story Morti.
Ancestry is doing free access from today - Just received the email.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top