Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 06:46 PM

Re: Knee Relacement

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
And/or the device you can place around the toilet to grab onto to pull yourself up. I found it invaluable in hospital when having that painful surgery in 2014. (I either had it in hospital or in the convalescent home, not sure.)
Oh yes Jazzi, the toilet support rail was invaluable
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:00 PM

thanks again everybody, it seems that the more physio you can get the better
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 11:26 PM

I have had both knees done, ten and seven years ago. Keeping them moving after the operation is vital, they can stiffen up again if you don't. I found swimming was the way to go for me, it kept them moving and strengthened them at the same time. I swim 40 lengths a day Monday to Friday, and I walk the dogs several miles a day. A few years ago I started horse riding again as we have a couple of rescued Clydesdales who love to be ridden and need the exercise, I thought my horse days were over but my OH helped me back into the saddle. As UJ says...... You may not be able to kneel afterwards, but you may be one of the lucky few who can. They are few and far between though. We are all different and recovery will take as long as it takes, it's a lot of pain and a lot of struggle but well worth it..
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I have had both knees done, ten and seven years ago. Keeping them moving after the operation is vital, they can stiffen up again if you don't. I found swimming was the way to go for me, it kept them moving and strengthened them at the same time. I swim 40 lengths a day Monday to Friday, and I walk the dogs several miles a day. A few years ago I started horse riding again as we have a couple of rescued Clydesdales who love to be ridden and need the exercise, I thought my horse days were over but my OH helped me back into the saddle. As UJ says...... You may not be able to kneel afterwards, but you may be one of the lucky few who can. They are few and far between though. We are all different and recovery will take as long as it takes, it's a lot of pain and a lot of struggle but well worth it..
I think the swimming is good , trouble is here the only pool is at the Hotel 6 miles away and is one of those short ones basically for guests. Glad to hear that you are so active now, we have plenty of space to walk so that will have to supplement the swimming.
Norway
i

11-11-2017, 10:48 AM

I have had my instructions on using the oven today, dont think im going to need it much , maybe CHIPS!!. I will be relieved when its all over
Norway
i

12-11-2017, 04:15 PM

Home from taking Mrs N to Hospital, a drive across the mountains, fantastic today , blue sky, snow on the trees, just like an English Christmas card .
She has a room to herself with bathroom. met the surgeon who just happened to be wondering around the Hospital, I couldnt persuade him to do my other Hip.

So now home to an empty house and have to get out the oven instructions to do this piece of lamb
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Home from taking Mrs N to Hospital, a drive across the mountains, fantastic today , blue sky, snow on the trees, just like an English Christmas card .
She has a room to herself with bathroom. met the surgeon who just happened to be wondering around the Hospital, I couldnt persuade him to do my other Hip.

So now home to an empty house and have to get out the oven instructions to do this piece of lamb
I hope all goes well for Mrs N. You better get used to that oven as you may be doing all the cooking when she comes home!
Norway
i

12-11-2017, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I hope all goes well for Mrs N. You better get used to that oven as you may be doing all the cooking when she comes home!
I have a large sheet of paper with oven instructions on, NOW to see if ican use it
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
I have a large sheet of paper with oven instructions on, NOW to see if ican use it
Do let us know if you manage it!
Norway
i

12-11-2017, 09:47 PM

Yes!!!! nice piece of lamb, potatoes , cabbage , carrots and peas. Home made strawberry ice cream and coffee.

Mrs N phoned , her op . is 8 am in the morning , so before I even get up

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top