Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 10:13 AM

Interdental Brushes? Do You Use Them?

My dentist said, l should use interdental brushes instead of flossing. She gave me a few to try (the orange coloured ones) I tried one but wasn’t keen!

At my last appointment, she was still going on about them, so l have bought some more and l am now using them.

Do you use them to clean between your teeth, or do you floss instead?
Or maybe, you just brush your teeth and that’s it?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	1943439F-723B-4C4E-8961-C13B1AE93176.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	4543  
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 10:20 AM

Re: Interdental Brushes? Do You Use Them?

A dentist i was with a few years back pushed them at me , I bought them and tried them , the wire brush actually broke off from the handle piece and wedged in the gap of my teeth . I never bought anymore after that and so he started to push the benefits of electric tooth brushes ,I didnt buy and i eventually left because it changed from NHS to Private .
I think its another way of making money out of you .
I just Brush.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 10:28 AM

I use them everyday .
They are much better than flossing in fact I always carry one in my bag .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
A dentist i was with a few years back pushed them at me , I bought them and tried them , the wire brush actually broke off from the handle piece and wedged in the gap of my teeth . I never bought anymore after that and so he started to push the benefits of electric tooth brushes ,I didnt buy and i eventually left because it changed from NHS to Private .
I think its another way of making money out of you .
I just Brush.
Eliza, lnitially, because she was a new dentist, l also thought she was out to make money by pushing them!

Last week, I bought some in Wilko for £1.50 and thought l would give them another try. My teeth are fairly close together, so l can only use the brushes on the ones with a gap!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-11-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I use them everyday .
They are much better than flossing in fact I always carry one in my bag .
Gosh, you’re good! Muddy.

The sight of my mother’s false teeth in a cup of Steradent has made me treasure my teeth!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:33 AM

I use an electric brush but gaps between my teeth have always been naturally quite wide so the brush gets into all areas without floss. I have bought them for grace though and Nathan, don't have to worry about my husband his are in a glass in the bathroom over night !
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:35 AM

Yes,always..I also buy the packs of plastic hooked toothpicks.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:37 AM

Yes I use them too, I have difficulty with the teeth at the back as they are so close together, the little brushes end up curly
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:47 AM

I have used them every day, for years, and they are also useful of you get something, like meat, stuck between your teeth.
When I can find them, I buy TePe's at £3 for a pack of 6. You can get cheaper ones, that do a good job, but the wire in them is less strong so they can snap.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2017, 11:54 AM

I use a type that's a toothpick at one end and a flosser at the other. The floss is stretched across what looks like a small catapult and can be easily inserted between the rear teeth.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top