Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 04:16 PM

Re: Moving House

Hi Alicat I do hope all goes well for you, moving is a nightmare.

I have been in my current house 28 years and it was supposed to be a temporary move

We were moving from Somerset to Worcestershire and the day we were exchanging contracts we exchanged on the house we were selling and I was panicking because I had heard nothing about the house we were buying. I rang the solicitor and the seller of the house we were buying had pulled out at the last moment because he had decided he couldn't afford the interest rates on the house he was buying .

So there was I with a three year old child, a disabled husband unable to walk unaided, our house sold and no house to move to. It was November and bitterly cold, I contacted all the estate agents up here and found this house which had been empty for some time so we were able buy it quickly and move in .
It is not the nicest of houses but it is in a beautiful spot so here I remained .
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 05:16 PM

Sometimes fate does take a hand. All the best.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 05:34 PM

Oh dear Alicat, what a nightmare for you I'm so sorry there have been so many hiccups and I really hope you hear more positive news tomorrow...
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 08:45 PM

I hope it all works out for you, fingers crossed.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 09:34 PM

Well ........ We exchanged this afternoon we move on the 30th October. Phew, it took time but we got there in the end, it was make or break when it came to it. Thanks for all your good wishes everyone.

Gosh what a nightmare that was for you Meg, I thought it all had to go through at the same time but obviously that can happen I never gave that a thought. I think they may have a different way of doing it now Meg as that was 28 years ago. I thought I had been in my house along time of 16 years but 28 years, wow, that's a lifetime.

Of course the next step will be getting our little Asti used to a new place, I wont leave her for at least a week, it will take her time to settle in.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 09:36 PM

Great news Alicat hope all goes well for you
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 09:37 PM

So pleaaed for you, at last you can get organised to move...
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 09:39 PM

Thanks Merz, got there in the end.
Alicat
West Berkshire

15-10-2009, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
So pleaaed for you, at last you can get organised to move...

Weve got loads to do now Moli now we know were going. Thanks
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 09:40 PM

Thats great news, I don't envy you with all of the packing though!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top