Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 09:14 PM

Suddenly Awakening From Dream

Does anyone know why we suddenly awake from some dreams?
Psychologically or physiologically?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 09:19 PM

Re: Suddenly Awakening From Dream

Haven't a clue but if they're frightening dreams it might be for the best?
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 09:45 PM

Yes you're right for sure. I just wondered what makes us bang awake when going to sleep is a slower process �� Think I'm getting sleepy.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 09:52 PM

It doesn't often happen to me AC. The last time it happened was last Winter when I suddenly woke up and realised I had left the gas heater on in the shed, funny enough I was dreaming about a forest fire and all the forest animals running away from it. Maybe it's a built in warning leftover from our cave dwelling times.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 09:58 PM

This is tricky-could be stress,could be a piece of undigested beef(I cite A Christmas Carol) Oh sod this-been there it`s rather more than bleeding scarey-it is not nice.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Does anyone know why we suddenly awake from some dreams?
Psychologically or physiologically?
Outside noise, sneeze, cough, whatever. The causes are all probably common and unremarkable.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
This is tricky-could be stress,could be a piece of undigested beef(I cite A Christmas Carol) Oh sod this-been there it`s rather more than bleeding scarey-it is not nice.
They do say that you shouldn't eat certain foods before you retire OG, this will give you nightmares and that will give you panic attacks etc. I forget now what cheese was suppose to give you if you eat a lump of it at bedtime, wasn't good at all though, but me granny had a litany of stuff not to eat for supper.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

28-07-2015, 10:07 PM

Well I fell asleep for a moment while on this forum (nothing personal). I had a tiny dream that my phone I was still holding was the wheel of the car. I dreamt quickly I fell asleep while driving. I suddenly woke up even tho nothing had happened in the dream...yet.

Also yes I've heard about cheese. Don't eat Welsh Rarebit.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Outside noise, sneeze, cough, whatever. The causes are all probably common and unremarkable.
Quite so, we have to wake some time and as a portion of our sleeping time is taken up by dreaming statistically we will occasionally wake up during 'dream time'.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 10:38 PM

Well I tend to wake up from dreams cos I need to pee.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top