Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 10:23 AM

Re: Do you want to live this long?

I know not of what you require of us Realist, my mind and thoughts are limited, like the beast in the field or the bird on the wing. Your expectations should only be as good as your ability to understand them with the variety of tools you have at your disposal....

OldGreyFox
A Has Been....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 10:48 AM

If there be re-incarnation you must, statistically, be more likely to be an earthworm, or a mosquito, the next time around?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If there be re-incarnation you must, statistically, be more likely to be an earthworm, or a mosquito, the next time around?
With all the water problems that global warming is causing, I think I would rather be a fish!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
All the more reason then to take this incarnation more seriously and seek ways to preserve it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I know not of what you require of us Realist, my mind and thoughts are limited, like the beast in the field or the bird on the wing. Your expectations should only be as good as your ability to understand them with the variety of tools you have at your disposal....

OldGreyFox
A Has Been....
I guess the more you use the tools, the more you realise how much more you can use them. The mind is imo unlimited. You can imagine anything. Imagine if what you imagined were able to be manifested in real life !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I guess the more you use the tools, the more you realise how much more you can use them. The mind is imo unlimited. You can imagine anything. Imagine if what you imagined were able to be manifested in real life !
I disagree Realist.
A computer is limited in what it is capable of by reading a script upon 'bootup'
We are also limited in what we are capable of by education. Unfortunately, the most efficient time to learn is when we are young, it get's harder to learn stuff the older you get. We may be equipped with the tools, but they have been left in the toolbox slowly rusting away over the years until they are no longer fit for purpose.
A full belly and a warm house provide contentment for most, why waste your life chasing dreams that will never come true. Exploit the world now, before time runs out. This life is not a rehearsal for the next!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

19-04-2017, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
why waste your life chasing dreams that will never come true. Exploit the world now, before time runs out. This life is not a rehearsal for the next!
Any sane person can plainly see how Nature operates. It is before us every day. To believe that we are somehow not a part of Nature's cycle is just folly imo.

You are already in your 3rd life OGF. That you have little or no memory of the first 2 lives doesn't really negate them.
The principle that you were once one thing, became another and now have no memory of the former thing, is a principle of nature. Nature turned you from one thing to the other.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 12:05 PM

I find the most unsettling aspect of getting older is that I learn more about the human condition - the frailty inherent in it's design - a lack of learning from birth. Realist mentions past lives - as have others - but no mention of wisdom going along hand in hand. We are born as vulnerable as ever we were to flawed thinking in all it's forms. Only when you achieve a considerable age can you be considered 'wise' and by then who will listen? I think a wise person eventually becomes sad because of this, looking at the craziness all around and becoming ashamed to be a part of it, with death being a welcome respite from the daily bombardment of stupidity in all it's manifestations.

To live forever? I couldn't stand the strain.

John Coffey spells it out for me at around 2 mins ..

He is facing execution. The Green Mile.

I enjoyed writing this. Bit of doom and gloom never hurt anyone . Or does it?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

19-04-2017, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I find the most unsettling aspect of getting older is that I learn more about the human condition - the frailty inherent in it's design -
Why do you say the human condition is frail or flawed in any way?

Realist mentions past lives - as have others - but no mention of wisdom going along hand in hand.
Wisdom is merely a concept that applies to your current life/incarnation/form. When you boil water and watch it turn to steam, at no point do you worry about whether the water or steam had wisdom and whether that wisdom was transferred from water to steam. Wisdom just doesn't apply to that form.

Doubtless it was the same with your previous forms.

I think a wise person eventually becomes sad because of this, looking at the craziness all around and becoming ashamed to be a part of it, with death being a welcome respite from the daily bombardment of stupidity in all it's manifestations.
A strange notion. For me personally, the man who accepts the notion of death is the unwise one. The man who glibly believes the "story of life" from those in control without questioning it is the unwise one. The man who fails to challenge the lie, who fails to dig, and research and read and learn, he is the unwise one.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 08:47 PM

I'm afraid, l am with Realist on this!
Some people just love being old and are too accepting of it!
It's all in the head!

You should all read, The Celestine Prophecy (An Adventure) by James Redfield. It changes your life!!

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top