Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
alexrock23
New Member!
us
alexrock23 is male 

09-06-2010, 06:19 AM

Re: Artificial life

Scientists have created artificial life. In a world-first, Craig Venter, a maverick biologist and billionaire entrepreneur, has made a designer microbe from scratch.The creation of the new life form, nicknamed 'Synthia', paves the way for the way for customised bugs that could revolutionise healthcare and fuel production.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2010, 11:07 AM

Artificial life is a frightening thought to me. I am all for advances in science, but some things are a step too far. Just a thought, if aftificial life is created and it can survive and re-produce - is it still artificial?
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Artificial life is a frightening thought to me. I am all for advances in science, but some things are a step too far. Just a thought, if aftificial life is created and it can survive and re-produce - is it still artificial?
That is a good question! I suppose somewhere along the line it possibly wouldn't be.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2010, 03:34 PM

No no and again no, who will take responsibility for this life? who will love,cherish and raise it with all the feelings of a parent. How can it bond with a test tube. Work on illness by all means but we're losing some of the life we have, things going extinct etc, why create more when we can't look after what we have.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top