Join for free
Page 21 of 43 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 02:16 PM

Re: And Still They Try To Thwart Democracy!!

Hi

I don't have an issue with genuine refugees, lovely people and many do return as soon as it is safe to do so.

I do have an issue with economic migrants, which is what those illegally in Calais are.

Asylum seekers should claim asylum in the first safe country, those in Calais have not done so.

It is ludicrous to allow those who have entered illegally to claim asylum once they have been caught here.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
I can't help but think that this is a rather slanted opinion based on cynicism since I know my MP is a find, caring, hard working ex accountant who spent many years doing other people's books. Another one...Dennis Skinner... has spent all his life in the House fighting for the rights of his working constituency. There are many many more in the 600+ who care for their people and feel that to protect hem they should be in politics.
Without politics we have anarchy.
I am afraid this opinion above is based on urban myths perpetuated by the press and a huge dollop of envy.
I hope you have never needed your MP but I can assure you it is often vital that they are there to fight your battles where you have no voice. If you listen to PMQ there is always a number of MP's who bring up specific problems experienced by specific people; It puits pressure on govt to settle matters. MP's aren't out of touch...they have to deal with a huge spread of problems that across their desk.
I thought you lived in France .
How come you have an MP ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Good question Muddy! One that I will be interested to see the answer to.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 03:21 PM

I know people who have moved abroad and STILL go on and on about how awful the UK is.

A woman I know moved to Germany 4 Years ago and is on Facebook every day posting about how terrible Brexit is, how she is against it, how wonderful she is because she's is not a racist etc etc.

Another neighbour moved to France and does the same. She does however manage to come back every few months to get her NHS care and prescriptions.

If their lives are so fantastic away from the UK why don't they shut up and get on with their marvellous new lives.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
I do have an issue with economic migrants, which is what those illegally in Calais are.
Not sure that is correct Swim. Economic migrants come and go seasonally to do work here. Those in the former Jungle and elsewhere are illegal immigrants, people trying to get into the country without due process and paperwork and who intend to stay and settle.

Asylum seekers should claim asylum in the first safe country, those in Calais have not done so.
Entirely correct and that changes their status from Asylum Seekers to Illegal Immigrants.

It is ludicrous to allow those who have entered illegally to claim asylum once they have been caught here.
Again correct
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 03:51 PM

Once again NO EU LEGISLATION IS ADOPTED BY ANY COUNTRY UNTIL IT IS PASSED BY THE NATIONAL PARLIAMENTS.
This is total nonsense, a red herring and is utterly irrelevant to the UK population when it is governed by a parliament which has steadfastly refused to seek the consent of the people on matters which severely impact the founding British Constitution.

The EU makes the legislation and EU member states, via the EU planted stooge Members Of Parliament, rubber stamp it through. This is why people need to get the heads out of their asses and stop bickering about Labour vs Conservative. It's all a neat (Common Purpose) distraction. ALL The candidates on either side are EU stooges who WILL further the EU agenda no matter what happens, until it becomes the United Federal States of Europe with it's own EU Army.

UK MP's are no longer upholding British law and customs or the constitution nor are they working with the will of the people (as they don't permit them to vote on serious matters which affect them). They are there to push through the EU elitist agenda bent on total destruction of the concept of "Nationality" and indeed the very destruction of Britain itself. The purposeful flooding of Europe with immigrants and asylum seekers is just a part of a campaign to destroy nationality via the politically correct concept of "Multiculturism".

THE EU IS UTTERLY ANSWERABLE TO THE UK PARLIAMENT. EU LEGISLATION HAS TO BE APPROVED BY ALL 28 NATIONS.
More nonsense.

To get a resolution through the EU Parliament you need a "Qualifying Majority". A qualified majority is reached if two conditions are met:

- 55% of member states vote in favour - in practice this means 16 out of 28
- the proposal is supported by member states representing at least 65% of the total EU population

This is a new definition of "Qualifying Majority" that was introduced in 2014 however member states are currently still free to use the previous definition until 31 March 2017 which was:

- a majority of member states - 15 member states - vote in favour
- a minimum of 260 votes out of the total 352 votes are cast in favour

Under that old system the UK had just 29 votes !!

Either way it can be seen that the UK has relatively no voting power whatsoever within the EU. To achieve anything the UK requires the co-operation and assent of over half the other member states.

One must seriously consider, how much do the likes of Greece, Lithuania, Hungary, Romania and indeed France care about the day to day affairs of the UK? What do they care for example about the UK fishing policies?

It can be easily seen how such a crazy system quickly degenerates into a tit for tat system of bartering with resolution votes becoming a tradable currency.

UK wants resolution X to go through and the other countries say "ok, well if we scratch your back what will you do for us?"

The voting system becomes a total farce with absolutely no meaning behind it and certainly not the least bit of interest by the member states of the local UK issues in question.

How can the best interests of a country be properly governed if it has to seek the consent of over half the other EU countries who are not impacted and who have no interest in UK affairs? It is an utterly preposterous and ridiculous situation. Thank goodness for Brexit !

Fourthy could you please give me some examples of EU laws that are to the detriment of the UK?
Yep. Let's start with the European Water Framework (EWF) Directive of 2000.

It mandates the primary obligation to achieve ‘good ecological status’ for our national rivers. This is defined as being as close as possible to ‘undisturbed natural conditions’. Our rivers which were dredged or embanked to prevent flooding, cannot, by definition, ever satisfy the terms of the directive. So, in order to comply with the obligations imposed on us by the EU we had to stop dredging and embanking and allow rivers to ‘re-connect with their floodplains’. i.e flood.

Whilst excessive rainfall caused all the devastating flooding we have seen across the UK, the need to satisfy the EWF has vastly exacerbated the problem. Prior to this directive, farmers and other people had routinely managed the waterways for countless years, and done so quite successfully.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 04:45 PM

Im one of the Brexpistols, long before a referendum was mooted i wanted out. I have many reasons for doing so , a common market was not one of them made sense.

But no control over borders, decisions on our county by non residents made no sense to me.

For a while now it seems a worldwide change of view by people has been raising its head, and the established and controlling forces do not like it.

Im hoping out of the current turmoil we can learn and move forward, and allow people to live up to their own particular strengths and not keep trying to turn them into Borg.
Change is needed before we destroy either ourselves or thee planet
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

16-11-2016, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im one of the Brexpistols, long before a referendum was mooted i wanted out. I have many reasons for doing so , a common market was not one of them made sense.
Unfortunately you, being one of the "people" were never given a vote as to whether or not to join in the first place. The Ted Heath government imo illegally and fraudulently forced our entry through thereby damaging British Constitution and ultimately contravening many of it's foundational facets including the fact that no foreign group or body should ever have control of this realm nor should ever supersede our justice system.

These corrupt politicians, stooges for the EU, entrenched in Freemasonry and Common Purpose, have, by stealth, skulduggery and with blatant disregard for the Constitution, handed our sovereignty over to the EU along with our justice system and ultimately all of Westminster.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
For a while now it seems a worldwide change of view by people has been raising its head, and the established and controlling forces do not like it.

Im hoping out of the current turmoil we can learn and move forward, and allow people to live up to their own particular strengths and not keep trying to turn them into Borg.
Change is needed before we destroy either ourselves or thee planet
Change is needed before this specific collective of elitists succeed in the psychological brainwashing of our youngsters and in the total destruction of Britain as a country. Britain can operate in a multicultural society but that is not what is happening. The elites are allowing a purposeful invasion so that Brit's become a minority in their own country and so that special status can then be given to the new majority and that will result in new laws to protect that majority and will see the destruction of British customs, laws and traditions which countless people fought and died for.

For certain, the world as a whole needs to change, to realise its humanity but allowing the elites to purposefully pit one part of humanity against another and thereby create conflict, civil wars, displacement etc is what is not acceptable.
The people's of every country need to rid the planet of the corrupt 1% that are fraudulently taking all the wealth and deliberately keeping everyone else poor and in perpetual servitude. The banks need to be eradicated once and for all and the government of every country should seize back control of its currency and take control of the money printing.
National currencies should be re-established everywhere, managed by the governments, for the people, for the country. The practice of Usury should again be utterly outlawed and abolished.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2016, 07:05 PM

French ex pats have MPs over here, maybe the same applies over there?

Page 21 of 43 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top