Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 09:58 PM

Great news for my mum

My mum has been in a hospice since suffering a broken neck following a fall from her hospital bed, she became quadraplegic as a result.
This was back in September when they gave her a matter of weeks to live.

The hospice were to administer palliative care for the remainder of her short life.

She's a tough lady and refused to give in, since then she has moved her right arm, only when she's lying down, she can move her hand across the bed and perform figure of 8 movement.

Today I've been informed that a place is available for her at a top intensive physio therapy unit and she will be an inpatient from Wednesday.

Happy days.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:03 PM

Re: Great news for my mum

That is wonderful news Terry, I hope the intensive physio therapy unit will, in time, make your Mum's life a lot easier.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:05 PM

Some older people really do have a life force. Your Mum certainly sounds like one of 'em Tpin. Good luck to her.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:08 PM

I really hope this intentsive physio can give your mum back some better quality of life,
She sounds like a very determined lady..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:11 PM

Bless her heart Tpin. I hope the improvement continues.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:12 PM

She is.
She was paraplegic but she could move everything except her legs
She still did gardening, cooking, cleaning and sewing.

As she said "I just replaced my useless legs with wheels"

Unfortunately she was taken to hospital for an x-Ray on her shoulder and staff didn't secure the cot side on the trolley, this gave way and she fell, hitting her head on the tiled floor breaking her neck
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:20 PM

What an awful thing to happen! My Mum broke her hip trying to get over the side of those cot sides as she needed the loo.
That's good news about the physio, hope your Mum continues to make progress, she sounds like a determined lady!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:20 PM

That's a bit of good news for you Tpin, I'm glad the lady is on the mend, good luck to her.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

11-04-2016, 10:25 PM

It'll be a lot easier to visit.

At the moment I visit twice a day to feed her(a bit of dignity for her)which involves 35 miles of battling traffic everyday(major by-pass road works).

Now she'll be about 2 miles away so I'll have more time with her.

My plan is to have her home with me by Christmas.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It'll be a lot easier to visit.

At the moment I visit twice a day to feed her(a bit of dignity for her)which involves 35 miles of battling traffic everyday(major by-pass road works).

Now she'll be about 2 miles away so I'll have more time with her.

My plan is to have her home by Christmas.

That's brilliant. As you say, it will be so much easier to visit her.
It will no doubt give her more comfort too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top