Join for free
Page 138 of 1676 « First < 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 638 1138 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 11:15 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I was chatting to the gent who delivered our Chinese Takeaway last night, he said he was attacked in our local town by youths after his takings, I enquired "Was you Hurt", he replied, "I was kneed in the Prawn Crackers".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 12:00 AM

Wallow in the narrow
The outlook is so shallow
Go to Hell in a Barrow
Don’t get stuck in a furrow

Go for a real deal
Upspec the real spiel
Talk the Talk
Then Walk the walk

What’s to lose
Public Loos
The penny’s dropt
Who’s the Clot
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

25-11-2016, 12:03 AM

Good job a real rapper don't get a chance to read back, or maybe they do.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I was chatting to the gent who delivered our Chinese Takeaway last night, he said he was attacked in our local town by youths after his takings, I enquired "Was you Hurt", he replied, "I was kneed in the Prawn Crackers".
better than being kneed in the HK flied lice heh or even worse the Singapore flied poodles?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Hi Gumbud, I am pleased that pleasant memories were invoked.

The Cinema, as it was in the 1960s was the the GAUMONT.
During the 1960s it was struggling to survive . THere were several attempts by developers to turn it in to a Bingo Hall.
Fortunately some far sighted & Philanthropic local notables formed a TRUST & somehow raised the money needed to buy it for the town (actually CITY by then).
This listed building was refurbished to an extremely high standard in the original Terra Cotta & Turquoise style.

THe "gods", upper, upper balcony, not for the faint hearted was restored. Most importantlyu a theatre director , excellent chap, very well connected was appointed & within a few years , and up until now, the the renamed MAYFLOWER, is extremely successful.

Last year nurse GIllian & I booked there for JERSEY BOYS, JOSEPH, MAMMA MIA et al

Happy Days .
I remember trying to get in to see the "Devils" with Oliver Reed playing a rude priest! - there were protest crowds out on the pavement and I had a "devil' of a job getting through - they kept grabbing the 'crown jewels' and squeezing tightly asking - how to do you like that pervert - who was the pervert here I asked myself - mind you it did make me eyes water rather devilishly.

I loved the final scene when all the nuns went berserk with large candles and I mean LARGE candles!! - talk about eye watering - good job the candles weren't alight
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

25-11-2016, 08:42 AM

Was Ronnie Barker in charge of the Props?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-11-2016, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Was Ronnie Barker in charge of the Props?
barker or corbett??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 11:51 AM

Ah, that'll be the fork handles sketch then, one of the classics.

Everyone’s on about this black Friday thing
So I took out my card and gave it a fling
Spent 500 skadoo’s in the space of an hour
Boy was the look on the wife's face sour
She stood there open mouthed and daunted
I even bought a laptop that I never wanted
Most of the stuff was going fairly cheap
She had to physically stop me from buying a jeep
Only 600 from a chap called Clive
She said I’m an eejit, I can’t even drive.
I can see now how one gets carried away
Until they realise what they've spent the following day.

I’m going to complain to the race commission next year if they don't have a White Saturday to balance it out.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 12:25 PM

Does you brain ever get clogged up when too much information is coming at it all at once? There's the wife and three of her sisters here having a "coffee" morning (coffee how are yeh, red coffee in a glass) and they were all talking to me at the same time, sheer hell, I had to nip out to the shed pretending to finish a job, that's where I am now.
Maybe it's just me but every now and then I have to clear out the old head and make room for new stuff, and God knows there’s plenty of that coming at you everyday, what do they call it in computer lingo when you want to clean up a disc, defragging I think it is, terrible word that, sounds like something indecent. well I suppose you could say I have defragged myself now, just like you have to brick a camel after so many miles, Gumbud knows all about them camels, he certainly knows how to brick ‘em, explained it all in a post here once.

I rope ‘em and brand ‘em
Brick them at random
Singing my camel song
Yodel eh dee hee, dee dee hee dee dee! And off he rides into the Sunset.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-11-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Does you brain ever get clogged up when too much information is coming at it all at once? There's the wife and three of her sisters here having a "coffee" morning (coffee how are yeh, red coffee in a glass) and they were all talking to me at the same time, sheer hell, I had to nip out to the shed pretending to finish a job, that's where I am now.
Maybe it's just me but every now and then I have to clear out the old head and make room for new stuff, and God knows there’s plenty of that coming at you everyday, what do they call it in computer lingo when you want to clean up a disc, defragging I think it is, terrible word that, sounds like something indecent. well I suppose you could say I have defragged myself now, just like you have to brick a camel after so many miles, Gumbud knows all about them camels, he certainly knows how to brick ‘em, explained it all in a post here once.

I rope ‘em and brand ‘em
Brick them at random
Singing my camel song
Yodel eh dee hee, dee dee hee dee dee! And off he rides into the Sunset.
me tumbs have never been the same eamus!

Page 138 of 1676 « First < 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 638 1138 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top