Join for free
Page 433 of 1676 « First < 333 383 423 431 432 433 434 435 443 483 533 933 1433 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 01:48 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A old acquaintance used to say "Tits like Nuclear Warheads, Nipples like Scammell Wheelnuts".

Not directed at me you understand!
bit of a tin head was he??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
something inspiring coming up

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."2

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride, From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.

Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia.

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi.

From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last

Rev Martin Luther King jr 1963
erhmm - pardon me but he's been a long time waiting and in the meantime the peacemaker of all peacemakers has appeared - Sir Donald with a Trump!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

13-01-2018, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I'm a lover, not a fighter.
But have been known to encourage fighting, as a distraction.
d'ya still remember the Vibrations?? - no not the group the shakes from that jackhammer!!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 01:58 AM

I tell yer what....if Twitter hadn't been invented,there'd be a LOT of pigeon shit all over that there white[ish ] house! The bloke spends his time suffing his moosh with McBurgers and firkin around on Twitter,while hurricanes rip the gulf coast to shreds,gigantic,unstoppable fires destroy whole counties,flash floods and mudslides kill dozens and make thousands homeless...and THAT prat is tweeting about how flouncingly miffed he is that the new Murcan embassy has been built on the south bank of the Thames,ffs-whilst Israel & Palestinine re-start their was due to his total idiocy. Yay Trump.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

13-01-2018, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I tell yer what....if Twitter hadn't been invented,there'd be a LOT of pigeon shit all over that there white[ish ] house! The bloke spends his time suffing his moosh with McBurgers and firkin around on Twitter,while hurricanes rip the gulf coast to shreds,gigantic,unstoppable fires destroy whole counties,flash floods and mudslides kill dozens and make thousands homeless...and THAT prat is tweeting about how flouncingly miffed he is that the new Murcan embassy has been built on the south bank of the Thames,ffs-whilst Israel & Palestinine re-start their was due to his total idiocy. Yay Trump.
methinks his miffedness is a bluff; a cover up for the real reason he doesn't want to come to UK; the British public have let it be known in no uncertain terms that he's not welcome but that's too obvious to admit wot? - if my surmise is correct [and will we ever know? ] that would put him in the coward category surely?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
bit of a tin head was he??
All I remember was often having to stand him for a pint, I did get a round a bit.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 08:59 AM

Sure,and I'm wit yer 'dere,gumbud [see? I can do Oirish,too!]
Yer man's a definite coward - I see no mention anywhere of him actually SERVING his country,in the way I and sooooo many others have served ours....more a question of him fleecing it clean of it's last dime,whilst ensuring offshore tax havens abound. I really do LIKE Trump as prez....for one outstanding reason - he has ENSURED,the voting Murcan public will properly analyse all candidates for the presidency-coz atm,Sarah Palin looks like 'the one that got away'...and who's EVER'VE thunk that,prior to Trump?
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 10:48 AM

Want some British contribution the HALL OF FAME speeches

yertiz

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Winston Churchill
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 01:47 PM

Let us all hold hands and dance around the maypole together, let us pluck the pretty flowers and adorn our hair, let us all sing in peace and harmony, peace be with you all, make babies not war, let all races be equal, including shit-hole dwelling races…
Hang on, did we not have this crowd before in the 70’s, Hippies they were called, they weren’t long about changing their tune when they got older, although one of my brothers managed to stay a dedicated hippy until he was thirty, by then all the other hippies had disappeared and he had to fall in line like the rest of us.
Oh the folly of youth, we all start out with the best of intentions but the real world soon changes all that, eat or be eaten, it’s dog eat dog, and that’s the way it’s always been and always will be, so de holy bible say.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

13-01-2018, 02:17 PM

it’s dog eat dog, and that’s the way it’s always been and always will be, so de holy bible say.
interesting comment der boss man - ifa ya read de good book - halleluya of Genesis - no the book not the album you will read about the beginnings of Abraham and his sons der Jews halleluya and his half brother Ishmael fathered to a maid servant and the beginin of the Arabs - halleluya and it was pronounced by the angel of de Lord - halleluya that Ishmaels [de Arabs] tribes will be great nations BUT will fight each other brother with brother and cus with cus for ever more Amen

will I'll be damned never seen a story played out through history as true as diz one!!

Page 433 of 1676 « First < 333 383 423 431 432 433 434 435 443 483 533 933 1433 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top