Join for free
Page 49 of 95 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 12:43 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

Re-reading this one:

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 01:13 PM

"CLOSE TO HOME" by CARA HUNTER.

Wow, this was a brilliant read. The sort of book that grabs you from page 1. An absolutely compulsve read, I couldn't put it down until I had finished it, definitely what I would call a 5-star psychological thriller with such a twist at the end that I certainly didn't see coming.

It is about eight-year old Daisy Mason disappearing from a family party. No-one in the street saw anything. This book introduces Detective Inspector Di Fawley and his team of Oxford detectives. Can't wait for his next book. I literally had to put matchsticks in my eyes to stay awake but was determined to read it to the end.

I highly recommend it as a great, can't-put-it-down read.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2018, 09:05 PM

"The House of Elliot" by Jean Marsh. Was given to me as a birthday gift by a friend who knew how much i had enjoyed the TV series.

Wow - is this different !!

OK - the sisters Beatrice and Evangeline are the main ingredients - but the story is very different. There are some explicit sex romps and who knew that Dr Elliot had ever seduced Aunt Lydia ??

Can't wait to see what happens next !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Currently reading Around the World in 80 days all part of my attempt to read the classics. Enjoying it so far and it is actually quite easy to read.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.

8/10
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 10:31 AM

Just finished the witch finders sister, almost didn't read it because it was a Richard and Judy book club book and I've not enjoyed previous ones I've read, but I thoroughly recommend this. Part history, novel written around the history imagining what being his sister may have been like.

Now reading the perfect neighbours a physiological thriller only a few pages in but I'm gripped.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2018, 07:21 PM

Started reading Barack Obama's book Dreams From My Father last night.
Only read the first few pages, the Preface to the 2014 Edition.
The book was originally written ten years before that..

I was amazed and delighted by his graceful eloquence of style, so lovely to read the sincerity in his writing, and I know I'm going to really enjoy this book.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 12:14 AM

I'm reading 'Damage' by Josephine Hart.
The story of how a man ruins his life because of the obsessive love he has for his sons girlfriend...
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm reading 'Damage' by Josephine Hart.
The story of how a man ruins his life because of the obsessive love he has for his sons girlfriend...
Carol that was made into a film starring Jeremy Irons and very good it was too.

I’m reading Three Things About Elsie by Joanna Cannon ,

a choice I made after reading recommendations that it was a real treasure ,a warm ,wise and thoughtful novel ,brilliantly entertaining ,poignant and perceptive ,a timely and profound take on ageing .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 01:57 PM

Close To Home by Cara Hunter.

Impossible to put down!!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 05:11 PM

The Strange Death of Europe: Immigration, Identity, Islam
by Douglas Murray (Author)

Page 49 of 95 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top