Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 10:35 AM

Re: What happens if Putin attacks the Yanks.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am in no way surprised by this neither am I surprised that Germany has said it will not be taking part in this stupidity.

Our Politicians are delusional, we simply should not be the World's Police Force and should concentrate on making life better here.

We cannot even stop a bunch of thugs intimidating locals by putting up a shrine to a burglar, much less take on Putin.

We need to get our priorities right.
There is absolutely no way that we could be anything like the world's police force, and we haven't had that capability since the 1950s.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 10:51 AM

‘Good morning this is Group Four Conflicts Limited, please choose from the following options,
Press 1 for Ground Forces
Press 2 for Naval Forces
Press 3 for Air Forces or for all options press 4.....

You are 123rd in the queue please hold ...if your request is urgent and you require our Nuclear option please log on to our website.
Your war is important to us..please hold ‘
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There is absolutely no way that we could be anything like the world's police force, and we haven't had that capability since the 1950s.
We stopped being a world power when the first American boot hit the sand on Normandy
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 11:09 AM

There was an interesting article in the business section of the Telegraph yesterday about some leaked documents from an investigation by the EU. It offers some insight into the reason Europe's attitude of reluctance and in particular Germany's when it comes to dealing with the Russian problem on any level.
It alleges that Germany, who receive most of their Gas from Gazprom has had a sweetheart deal with Russia which accounts for their foot dragging over Syria. Neither does it say much for European cooperation as a whole. Perhaps its best that we are leaving.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...utins-gazprom/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
There was an interesting article in the business section of the Telegraph yesterday about some leaked documents from an investigation by the EU. It offers some insight into the reason Europe's attitude of reluctance and in particular Germany's when it comes to dealing with the Russian problem on any level.
It alleges that Germany, who receive most of their Gas from Gazprom has had a sweetheart deal with Russia which accounts for their foot dragging over Syria. Neither does it say much for European cooperation as a whole. Perhaps its best that we are leaving.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...utins-gazprom/
Yes, clearly we cannot rely on our EU 'partners' to do the right thing.

Getting into bed with America would mean that we continue to do their bidding whenever they involve themselves in a conflict.

Perhaps we should become another Switzerland. Keep ourselves to ourselves and refuse to participate in ANY world conflicts.

Somehow, I can't see that ever happening.

We have had such a very long time - centuries in fact - of being the world's major power, that our authorities find it impossible to accept that we are no longer a powerful nation, certainly not militarily.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
‘Good morning this is Group Four Conflicts Limited, please choose from the following options,
Press 1 for Ground Forces
Press 2 for Naval Forces
Press 3 for Air Forces or for all options press 4.....

You are 123rd in the queue please hold ...if your request is urgent and you require our Nuclear option please log on to our website.
Your war is important to us..please hold ‘

You do realise if it goes ahead we will all have to learn the latest weaponry terms. I wonder if they have any scuds in the cupboard?
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 12:52 PM

Not necessarily. We refused Bush's request to go into Iran, I believe.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 06:40 PM

Russia says attack was staged by UK. Are world leaders suffering some mental disorder.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 06:57 PM

Russia seems to be singling us out as the instigators in all this which I find quite scary. Is it only me who thinks we should stay well clear or we could well find they feel justified in singling us out for retribution too
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Russia seems to be singling us out as the instigators in all this which I find quite scary. Is it only me who thinks we should stay well clear or we could well find they feel justified in singling us out for retribution too
Unbelievable .. from what I can gather they claim London pressured the instigators. (This is just payback after the Skripal spy hoohah)

It tells us one thing .. Moscow has a sense of humour and likely sees us as 'nothing', just small fry, and they're right, May on her Boadicea type charger is comically laughable.
Her stance on this is making me cringe. It's old British Empire fantasy time. She must think she's sending Admiral Nelson to the Med rather than a submarine.

But we're also an expendable pawn in the silly media hyped-up war of words between the big boys. Strangely, considering it was Trump who issued the threats .. it sort of lets the US off the hook and out of the firing line.

I know one thing ... this is one pantomime where the audience aren't going to demand an encore.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top