Join for free
Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 12:02 AM

Re: Missile Strikes launched against Syria tonight

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Tells us everything we need to know about Russia ?
Does it?
After Trump's airstrike last year .. when they all got home in time for tea with their mini day long war done and dusted.... Assad consolidated his gains after the minor hiccup and has now still virtually won his civil war.

After this latest Trooping of the Three Stooges, for which they have won themselves world acclaim .... Assad will probably still win his civil war.
It tells me Assad and Putin are prepared to take the hit as they're in for the long haul and unless some twit wages all out war will patiently continue working to their own plan.
They likely thought of it in terms of damage limitation, will absorb the losses and just weather a pack of stinging hornets buzzing in and buzzing out again ...home in time for tea.

As to ... Thank you Mr Assad. You gave us a gold plated opportunity to push back against Russia

Oh, is that all it was?
Was there ever any genuine real concern for Syrian civilians then? Or was it just seen by some as a means to poke Russia in the eye?
Which sounds pretty pathetic given the fragile state of affairs in the ME , not to mention lacking in true statesmanship.
If we are to assume this is just May peeved over Skripal I shudder if she ever tries to handle more intricate complexities of policy where the 'domino effect' might kick into play.
Hi

Brilliant Post.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Well they look kinda sweet but I must be slow tonight as I'm missing the point.
Is it anything to do with the two-eyed wotsit is king in the land of the one-eyed Cyclops?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Disappointing and pointless for us. Meddling again for no good reason. Or maybe someone here knows why we are involved?
some guesses:

we need their oil
we need to continuously sell them war machines
our soldiers also need real 'war practices'
we need to support and gain from the 'balance of power' in the world

gaining and controlling ports around the globe is a significant goal.

no one really cares that much about the ME only themselves - FGS they have been fighting each other from the dawn of time see Genesis chapters 17-18 - the birth place of Judaism and Islam - and they have with the help of the west been fighting ever since - with each other cos the sunnis hate the shiites and visa versa and of course fighting Judaism and christianity - not necessarily in open war fare but sometimes often in stealth
It seems that built into the human genome is the gene of greed and so like UK amply demonstrated has a desire to steal other peoples lands and thus become richer and more powerful

the holy wars have never ended - just don't use dresses;horses and tinhats anymore!

this planet has two options for survival cherish or destroy - place ya bets everyone!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 06:12 AM

Hi

A few observations.

The USA informed the Russians in advance of the missile strikes using the agreed protocols for airspace usage.

The USA have confirmed that they did so.

They also informed the Russians and Iranians that none of their troops would be targeted.

They had no wish to get involved in a fist fight with either.

The Russians then had no need to deploy their missile defences or launch a retaliatory strike.

The Russians had made it perfectly clear that if any of their troops were killed they would respond by taking out the ships involved.

The missile strikes were a flea bite, just propaganda.

The area where the alleged Chemical Attack took place was held by an Islamic Group who have previously used Chemical Weapons themselves,of exactly the same type, Chlorine, as was allegedly used by Assad in the attack.

That Islamic Group condemned the Missile Attack as useless, because it did not hit Assad, which is what they wanted to happen.

They have now left the area.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN1HL184

The area is now under Assad's control without any more Civilian Casualties.

The Russians brokered the agreement, the Islamics are going North, into the same area the Russian's have let others go.

It is another major headache out of Assad's way.

The Russians and Iranians are herding the Islamic Sunni Muslim rebels into one small area in the North of Syria.

They then have two options.

Blast them to bits or just push them further and let them escape and flood the West with Islamic Terrorists.

As for Russia backing off in the face of Western Military Superiority?

Russia took over the Crimea, as a direct result of the West prodding them.

Did we respond Militarily due to our so called overwhelming firepower?

No we didn't, we backed down.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Brilliant Post.

You have set 'brilliant' at a very low threshold , swimmy. !!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 09:43 AM

Agreed ... I notice Merkel and the EU came out in support of the attack today and congratulated us ....
after yesterday, saying they weren't getting involved in any military action against Assad.

Clever hey?
How come May isn't capable of doing that?
Sucking up to Trump in the hope of future trade deals?
Nah ..never.

Germany never gets involved and never has done since WW2.

Have you not noticed that before?

The German constitution doesn't allow German troops to get involved.

As someone who is on this forum chucking around quickfire, emotive little gems of rationality on foreign policy one would expect you to know such things.

To link this to Brexit and trade deals is puerile. The UK, France and the USA have always shouldered this type of burden. All 3 are permanent members of the UN security council and have the most advanced military capability available.
That's why the UK takes part in these operations.
Moscow
Scotland

15-04-2018, 09:45 AM

Tells us everything we need to know about Russia ?
Does it?
After Trump's airstrike last year .. when they all got home in time for tea with their mini day long war done and dusted.... Assad consolidated his gains after the minor hiccup and has now still virtually won his civil war.

After this latest Trooping of the Three Stooges, for which they have won themselves world acclaim .... Assad will probably still win his civil war.
It tells me Assad and Putin are prepared to take the hit as they're in for the long haul and unless some twit wages all out war will patiently continue working to their own plan.
They likely thought of it in terms of damage limitation, will absorb the losses and just weather a pack of stinging hornets buzzing in and buzzing out again ...home in time for tea.

As to ... Thank you Mr Assad. You gave us a gold plated opportunity to push back against Russia

Oh, is that all it was?
Was there ever any genuine real concern for Syrian civilians then? Or was it just seen by some as a means to poke Russia in the eye?
Which sounds pretty pathetic given the fragile state of affairs in the ME , not to mention lacking in true statesmanship.
If we are to assume this is just May peeved over Skripal I shudder if she ever tries to handle more intricate complexities of policy where the 'domino effect' might kick into play.

Well done Morty , your emotive, quick fire response has completely missed the nib of the gist and you managed to misquote me as well....great work!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 11:29 AM

We have a chemical attack in our country and May busts her guts getting full support against this outrage from other countries.

Then when the entire world witnesses an horrendous chemical attack she's supposed to wrong her hands and sit back and do nothing?

For once she showed leadership and everyone's complaining!

Con Coughlin's piece in today's Sunday Telegraph gets a from me, it's worth reading his point of view, but I can't seem to post it, sorry.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 12:14 PM

In the thread 'What happens if Putin attacks the Yanks' I offered a link to a piece in the Telegraph which gives an explanation as to why Germany will not oppose Russia. Not only are they reliant on most their energy needs on Gazprom but they are also quite ready to cheat on the rest of the EU to get it at the expense of the poorer countries. No wonder they are afraid to appose Russia. It doesn't say much for the, we are stronger together, cries when they treat the rest of the community like this.

There seems to be far to much uninformed opinion and political point scoring, to have a sensible discussion.

I'll repeat the link for those who missed it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...utins-gazprom/
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Germany never gets involved and never has done since WW2.

Have you not noticed that before?

The German constitution doesn't allow German troops to get involved.

As someone who is on this forum chucking around quickfire, emotive little gems of rationality on foreign policy one would expect you to know such things.

To link this to Brexit and trade deals is puerile. The UK, France and the USA have always shouldered this type of burden. All 3 are permanent members of the UN security council and have the most advanced military capability available.
That's why the UK takes part in these operations.
Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Well done Morty , your emotive, quick fire response has completely missed the nib of the gist and you managed to misquote me as well....great work!!
Is that it? All you have to come back with to refute and destroy the believability of my opinion?

A lesson on German foreign policy (ME meddling) that has seen the EU flooded with hundreds of thousands of unwanted, poorly vetted refugees with their ranks riddled with unknown numbers of ex-rebel fighters, extremists and young male Syrians trying to dodge their military service draft.

As to emotive quick fire response ... we'll stick with your excited, effusive nibbet of wisdom and political astuteness shall we ...
Thank you Mr Assad. You gave us a gold plated opportunity to push back against Russia

Go on, own up .. you were the ghost writer for Trump's ... Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and 'smart!' .. and you even rode gunshot as you polished them, nice and shiny, but got confused when they landed in Syria.

Page 8 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top