Join for free
Page 8 of 24 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 09:22 AM

Re: The Windrush Debacle

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think it's a shame that these poor people's plight is now being used as a stick to beat the government.
They said it will be sorted out and it will.
How often do governments do what they promise? They must be followed up to ensure these people are treated fairly and their problems resolved. Anything else is a risk to all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
How often do governments do what they promise? They must be followed up to ensure these people are treated fairly and their problems resolved. Anything else is a risk to all.
Indeed I see they are waiting for people to contact them it's less than 800 people why aren't they sending out letters to them all ?

Also it's very worrying for people from eu, Ivana rang last night worried will she be allowed to stay after Brexit ! This has to be tackled head on and sorted out !
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well well well Teresa may now being accused of misleading parliament and neither tories or labour made the decision. Border forces did it for data protection reasons. It's one thing making a mistake but to deliberately make it up .....
Apart from the fact she did was very careful not to mislead Parliament. Poor Jeremy's performance of righteous indignation fooled no one.
Poor Jeremy's vile attack in Parliament and his deliberate omission of the word illegal twice in order to put an entirely different meaning of the Prime Minister's previous statements, as shown below in an extract from Michael Deacon column in the Telegraph, showed him up for what he really is. deceitful and devious.

Mr Corbyn had omitted a crucial word. In fact, Mrs May had vowed (in 2012) to create ‘a really hostile environment for illegal immigrants”. Mr Corbyn repeated this misquote a few moments later, and then added another, by claiming that Mrs May had sent vans to Brent in London “telling migrants to ‘go home’”. Once again, he’d left out the word “illegal”.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 09:44 AM

This is not about "poor jeremy" or "poor theresa" . it's about real people .
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 09:46 AM

Its about the truth, not changing what people say to suit your own ends
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 10:02 AM

I'm sure the gov will do a wonderful job and sort it all out double quick, ensuring that not a single person slips through the net.

You know, just like they rehoused all the Grenfell victims in three weeks.

I'm beginning to think that Rudd and May should both resign.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 10:19 AM

Who the heck could rehouse all the Grenfell voctims and the hustlers who weren't victims in three weeks .
And they are not on the streets they are staying in hotels .
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

19-04-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I'm sure the gov will do a wonderful job and sort it all out double quick, ensuring that not a single person slips through the net.

And I'm beginning to think poor Jeremy should be certified.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Absolute mess they've made of that and yes I think Rudd certainly should, I'm assuming may deligated so can blame others.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 06:22 PM

James O'Brian stuffs it to Theresa May and holds her 'morally' responsible!!!

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/04/1...over-windrush/

Page 8 of 24 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top