Join for free
Page 9 of 24 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 06:40 PM

Re: The Windrush Debacle

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
James O'Brian stuffs it to Theresa May and holds her 'morally' responsible!!!

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/04/1...over-windrush/
He also stuffed Corbyn over his so called fence of the Anti Seminict bebat in the HC

Sorry SC not working again
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 08:12 PM

This windrush lark is round the clock. Hour after hour on LBC. What a turn off. Must be crippling the ratings.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 08:54 PM

I'm so glad they are giving it airtime. This is a hugely important issue for any immigrant living here legally who may end up being at risk through another Governmental shambolic mess. Legal residents should not be treated like criminals.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I watched a video of this when these people arrived on the Windrush to our country , they were so well dressed in suits , smiley happy people coming to Britain to be part of us , the happiness on their faces for a new life . The children excited , then to hear of the way they have been treated is shameful , none have ever been able to get a passport or leave the country . Shame on our government . Appalling way to treat those who lived here all their life's , worked and helped build Britain .
Thats not correct. Its only a minority of West Indians who have not been able to travel anywhere in the world they chose to go. My friend came here from Antigua in 1955 with her parents when she was 3 years old. She has never had passport issues and has travelled all over the world and on many occasions.

Her parents kept paperwork, as most of us do - anything that looked official. She left school at 16 and has worked all her life so has a good paper trail of NI, taxes, employment record etc.

She feels, as I do, that many people are hoping to get BIG compensation from this.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 09:18 PM

This is very true Flowerpower .
I used to live in the Carribean and met lots of people who flew back from the UK for holidays .
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
The Windrush Generation deserve the utmost RESPECT, they help rebuild this country when it was in the doldrums after WW2.
This is true. We really needed them and without them it would have taken decades to get this country back on its feet.

I mentioned my friend from Antigua and I spent a lot of time with her and many of her West Indian friends in the 70s. I can tell you that none of them ever wanted to go back and live in the West Indies although they did go back on holiday.
Even though they lived in quite deprived rented properties in town they still considered they had a better standard of living than they would have had “back home”. My friend was finally allocated a brand new council house in the late 70s and still lives in it today.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:18 AM

Good to hear the other side of coin amongst all the negativity being churned out by those who would make politcal capital out of it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 09:46 AM

Lol I doubt any would get a nice new council house under tories, that's the problem they can deny being nasty party all they want but people see what they do each time they are in power. We are watching.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 10:04 AM

What happened to, every party has both good and bad politicians you were recently extolling? Always looking for the best in everyone. You being a gentle, loving, Quaker and all, full of sweetness and light. Too much listening to Joe I think.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK

20-04-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Lol I doubt any would get a nice new council house under tories, that's the problem they can deny being nasty party all they want but people see what they do each time they are in power. We are watching.
it was 1979 when she got her council house and the Conservatives were in Government. I know it was 1979 for sure because I was pregnant with my son who was born in January 1980 and we helped her move in and I could only do light lifting.

Page 9 of 24 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top