Join for free
Page 592 of 1676 « First < 92 492 542 582 590 591 592 593 594 602 642 692 1092 1592 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:39 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Somebody shake me
Wake me, when it's over, when it's over
Somebody tell me that I'm dreamin'
And wake me when it's over, when it's over
[GB slaps RJ on shoulder] yu've made a fine mess of it now Ollie!] crowd boo and scream for blood?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 09:42 PM

All tagever now:

Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong

Under the shade of a coolibah tree, 

He sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled

You'll come a-Waltzing Matilda, with me
Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda

He sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled,

you'll come a-Waltzing Matilda, with me

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 10:57 PM

Gummy Bear you sing so well.
I don't like you being alone.
But alas, it is my bedtime soon.
Goodnight Possums.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

18-04-2018, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Gummy Bear you sing so well.
I don't like you being alone.
But alas, it is my bedtime soon.
Goodnight Possums.
saying yu don't like me being alone AND then saying you are going to bed has connotations that are not worthy of being repeated on such a delicate thread

I think I'll change it to:

there was a lonely swagman camped by a billabong cos everyone went to bed and left him alone and were is my sweet chum pugsie in his off the shoulder lama dress ; high heels and purple nylon stockings that disappear into infinity! [and if you've ever seen his 'infinity' yuz would nose wot I woz talkin abute!]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

19-04-2018, 12:47 AM

There was a young lady from dorking
Who believed her young beau had been porking
So she said RU blind – I’ve been terrible kind
You have taken my love – now the storks in!

wez on a roll lads and lassies!!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
All tagever now:

Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong

Under the shade of a coolibah tree, 

He sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled

Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda

He sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled,

you'll come a-Waltzing Matilda, with me

I am led to believe that Matilda is a nickname for a bedroll. Walzing matilda means wandering around and casting one's bedroll down for a kip wherever tha fancies.

This may of course be a load of midden crust. Unfortunately most people only listen to me when I'm wrong.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 11:29 AM

Good to see you back in harness Fruity.

That’s one very dejected looking Swagman Gummy, you’d think he'd just been told Australia had lost the Ashes.

Sweaty Swagman dives into the Billabong to cool off. Spying Matilda falls out of the Coolibah tree, breaks ankle and can’t waltz, the Swagman dries off in the hot Sun and he gets boils on his billy, feeling low and depressed he sits and waits for the number 10 bus home. That’s what that picture tells me, Matilda is behind the tree, that’s why you can’t see her.
For Gods sake mon could ye not find a happy Swagman, after all it says in the song that he sings while waiting for his billy to boil.

It’s a neat little folk tale that Waltzing Matilda, old Banjo Paterson wrote it I see, didn’t you mention him a few years back? the Pogues and Liam Clancy made recordings of it, it is one of my old mates party pieces whenever he’s asked to sing, he has no connections with Australia, actually he’s from the Aran Islands originally.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 01:15 PM

Now you lot have me googling!!
I had to know.
Image result for what is the meaning of waltzing Matilda
"Waltzing Matilda" is Australia's best-known bush ballad, and has been described as the country's "unofficial national anthem". The title was Australian slang for travelling on foot (waltzing, derived from the German auf der Walz) with one's belongings in a "matilda" (swag) slung over one's back.

Fascinating.
I like to know these things.

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead boys got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other,

One was blind and the other couldn't, see
So they chose a dummy for a referee.
A blind man went to see fair play,
A dumb man went to shout "hooray!"

A paralysed donkey passing by,
Kicked the blind man in the eye,
Knocked him through a nine inch wall,
Into a dry ditch and drowned them all,

A deaf policeman heard the noise,
And came to arrest the two dead boys,
If you don't believe this story’s true,
Ask the blind man he saw it too!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

19-04-2018, 01:53 PM

ah my dear you have finally caught the 'leisurely scribbles' disease proper - give her the golden gong Jem - strike it hard lady we all want to shout "shiver me timbers - she's done it"

now spittie can you place the golden sash on the lady - gently please she's not a jackhammer FGS! - and RJ the crown if you don't mind - gentle does it watch her coffeured bits and Pugsie were the heck is Pugsie ?? - can you place the orb in her arms - thank you and finally fruitcake - pipe her aboard young lad ! - OMG I said pipe not strike! - wot a motley crew - me ? Moi? are well I will take her for dinner later - NO not with everyone else!!

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-04-2018, 02:21 PM

What is it by Jove She's got it.
You should have said.

Page 592 of 1676 « First < 92 492 542 582 590 591 592 593 594 602 642 692 1092 1592 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top