Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 12:27 PM

Do You Think Old People Look Ridiculous Driving Sports Cars?

Sometimes, you see the most beautiful sports cars but the ancient driver looks like he's trying too hard, to look young! The same applies to the women!! Not a good look!

Should you take your age into consideration when deciding what car to buy?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 12:33 PM

Re: Do You Think Old People Look Ridiculous Driving Sports Cars?

No, I don't think so at all.

If I'd always like that sort of car, I don't see why I should feel obliged to give up the pleasure of owning/driving one, just to appease a total strangers opinion of my image. Blow that!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sometimes, you see the most beautiful sports cars but the ancient driver looks like he's trying too hard, to look young! The same applies to the women!! Not a good look!

Should you take your age into consideration when deciding what car to buy?
No, it's mostly that age group who are the only ones who can afford to buy & run them.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 01:36 PM

It's the older age group who have the extra disposable income to afford such cars, plus years of no claims on insurance, edit just spotted Tiffs post,

I guess we will be required to only wear beige clothing and nothing that looks vaguely 21st century.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 01:43 PM

People driving powerful cars like mobility scooters is more of a problem, barely doing 30 on a major road is just as dangerous as speeding imo.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 01:53 PM

I would ride a Penny Farthing (if I had one), not worried what people would think, but old boys driving sports cars is just keeping up appearances ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 02:37 PM

Absolutely not !
We are old not dead .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 02:38 PM

Really? What appearances? If I had the money I would be driving a sports car with the hood down.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 02:45 PM

I like to see a handsome bearded, vintage looking gentleman driving a vintage sports car, other than that I don't really notice sports cars or who's driving them.
I know a few men who have Penny Farthings, Dobra, it's the getting on and off that's difficult when older
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 03:15 PM

I think it really depends. Most of the people I see on the old timer rallys are older people who have the time the knowledge and the money to keep those sports cars esp the vintage ones running.

The falsh idiots who do doughnuts and drive like maniacs are just fools regardless of age.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top