Join for free
Page 11 of 21 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 07:23 PM

Re: Brexit, The Lies.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I must take issue with that statement.

Yes, I have seen a lot of arguing about the best way to go with regard to Brexit, but that has mainly been the remainiacs who are doing their level best to reverse that 'narrow decision' for us to leave.

I have lost count of the number of tactics they have attempted to play in their cause. I find them pathetic, rather like the young child who lost the game and announced that he's taking his bat and ball home.

Hi

Jacob Rees Mogg and Co just want us to walk away in 2019.

David Davies and Co want a transition period.

They are both ardent Brexiteers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So you are refusing to answer my question on how releasing these documents will put a halt on brexit. You have made an assertion but as usual you are unable to substantiate this with facts.
That's the pot calling the kettle black.

To answer your question, which I believe has already been answered here, is that in releasing the documents will provide our opponents (the EU) with valuable information about the strength of our hand.

It hopefully will not put a halt on Brexit, but showing our hand would inevitably weaken our negotiating position and quite possibly hand the EU more ammunition and quite probably more of our money.

I'm sure you would be very happy to see us leave with as little benefit as possible. Again, a childish attitude: 'I lost, but I'm going to take my bat and ball home just to spite you'.

As for 'as usual you are unable to substantiate this with facts', could you please point me in the direction of the many instances when you have provided facts to substantiate your assertions?

We are discussing our opinions here, not facts. The facts will become clear in time after we have left your precious EU. One of us is going to have a rather red face.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Jacob Rees Mogg and Co just want us to walk away in 2019.

David Davies and Co want a transition period.

They are both ardent Brexiteers.
They do indeed have differing opinions of which would be the best option, but I haven't heard them arguing about it. Discussing perhaps.

As a matter of interest, I'd suggest that the former are more ardent Brexiteers than the latter. Perhaps the latter are closet remainiacs. Certainly, that has been suggested about Mrs May.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 01:18 AM

That's the pot calling the kettle black.

To answer your question, which I believe has already been answered here, is that in releasing the documents will provide our opponents (the EU) with valuable information about the strength of our hand.

It hopefully will not put a halt on Brexit, but showing our hand would inevitably weaken our negotiating position and quite possibly hand the EU more ammunition and quite probably more of our money.

I'm sure you would be very happy to see us leave with as little benefit as possible.

I don't see how details of an impact analysis can possibly lead to the EU getting any more money than they already want as a red line. Bizarre connection. What could a scoping exercise possibly reveal that would put us in a worse position vis-a-vis negotiations? The EU know what's going on anyway. They have scoped too. They have plenty of scoping experts. The idea of this scuppering negotiations makes for a good gutter press headline but it's not reality.

I certainly do not want us to leave in a shambles. You haven't read my posts if you think that. If they are doing this thing they should be doing it properly and mitigating any risks and making the voters aware of those risks regardless of pocket billiards in Brussels. If addressing risk means they upset the more militant of the brexit brigade then they should have enough guts to do the right thing instead of pandering to the political caprice of a rowdy minority.

It's not the negotiators that the government are worried about in respect of these secret files. Seems it's their own party.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 01:21 AM

They do indeed have differing opinions of which would be the best option, but I haven't heard them arguing about it. Discussing perhaps.

As a matter of interest, I'd suggest that the former are more ardent Brexiteers than the latter. Perhaps the latter are closet remainiacs. Certainly, that has been suggested about Mrs May.
So anyone that doesn't agree with your view of brexit is treated with suspicion?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You would risk the negotiations just to see the papers because you have a right ? I'm of the opinion we don't need to see everything we elect these people to do the job.
Absolutely right.

The desire to see the content of these documents is in fact a desire to use any negative economic predictions contained therein to derail Brexit.
The Remainers are so disingenuous it's sickening.

There is no material benefit to a bus driver from Bolton , a dinner lady from Dulston or a Rocket Scientist from Rochester to have this information.

The Govt should get on with Brexit and come back to us when the deal is done. We can give our opinion on their efforts at the next general election.
That's democracy......far better than the sedition preferred by petulant Remainers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-11-2017, 09:35 AM

I certainly do not want us to leave in a shambles.
Of course not. I realise that. You don't want us to leave at all. You'd rather we hand over our sovereignty to a foreign power; something that the people of this country have resisted and fought against for a thousand years. And now you'd like to make us just an offshore island of a Fourth Reich. Fortunately, you are in a minority. I can just imagine what future historians will think of your attitudes and intentions.

So anyone that doesn't agree with your view of brexit is treated with suspicion?
Correct.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 09:47 AM

Hi

There are many ways of leaving the EU, some better than others.

The object of the exercise is to leave at minimum disruption and cost.

We are not doing too well in this respect.

Being critical of the way we are going about it, is not the same as wanting to remain.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There are many ways of leaving the EU, some better than others.

The object of the exercise is to leave at minimum disruption and cost.

We are not doing too well in this respect.

Being critical of the way we are going about it, is not the same as wanting to remain.
I agree with you swim, but you have to agree surely some ardent remainers don't want that at all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-11-2017, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree with you swim, but you have to agree surely some ardent remainers don't want that at all.
Hi

I do agree with you on that point Julie.

I just want to get out with the best possible deal and get on with life.

Page 11 of 21 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top