Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 09:45 PM

Re: Theresa May accuses Russia of launching a 'fake news' war against the West

The Spanish Prime Minister also made the same accusation just a couple of days ago, about the Russkies meddling in Catalonia .

At the time I thought he was trying to follow the 'in' thing, but maybe there is more to it than we know.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 09:53 PM

All I can say is if Putin is guilty as charged ... he's got flamin long arms. Impressively long arms.
Oh how I wish we could have a leader with his qualities of sterling tenacity, deviousness and tactical plotting.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
All I can say is if Putin is guilty as charged ... he's got flamin long arms. Impressively long arms.
Oh how I wish we could have a leader with his qualities of sterling tenacity, deviousness and tactical plotting.
Ha ! It wouldn't get you anywhere though ,would it ?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:30 PM

S'pose not ... I'd belong to the most hated country in the world then.

Perhaps Ms May should take selfies riding on a British bulldog to improve her street cred.

Why isn't Trump flying on the back of a bald eagle.

I , after much consideration and pondering ... do believe that to be a fake photo.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:43 PM

But don't you think she's overreacting a little and been taking gung-ho lesson from Trump?

She accused Russia of engaging in a growing range of hostile actions against European countries.

Best quote of the week ...
"We do not want to return to the Cold War, or to be in a state of perpetual confrontation. So whilst we must beware, we also want to engage – which is why in the coming months the Foreign Secretary will be visiting Moscow.

Anyone else fall off their chair laughing at that ?
Someone give Ms May a whoopee cushion.
Whilst I can't deny that Mrs May might have been using it for diversionary reasons that in its self doesn't make it untrue . The link I gave to the article stated that the manipulated pic had been traced back to Russia. They are also known to have interfered in the French and Germany Elections plus elsewhere. If you think about it what better way to bring a country like the UK under your influence than to help a Marxist government gain power.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

14-11-2017, 11:06 PM

I still don't buy it ... I take it you mean your link with the photo of the Muslim lady walking past victims on the bridge?

If memory serves right that was challenged pretty much the day after.
Unless every single news item, blog or photo posted online is censored and verified before uploading it's unavoidable and going to happen.
Hasn't Putin accused the US of engaging in false flag news to try to frame Assad of Syria? And wasn't there a story, or is that fake news over a fake news item, that the Daily Mail once pulled an article off it's site reporting the US was going to use chemical weapons in Syria to set up Assad? ( I believe it was removed in case Assad spotted it).

Grrr ..... I'm glad I'm just a pig who converses with humans.

I could, of course, just be politically naïve and not appreciate the devious lengths human world leaders will go to... though I ought not to be after seeing what Napoleon was like on the farm.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:21 PM

It's called the "web brigade".
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

14-11-2017, 11:24 PM

Is it? It sounds like a 70's pop group.

You're right I just googled and found it on wiki though I never trust that too much anymore since reading that the FBI and CIA were caught editing articles there.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:25 PM

I still don't buy it ... I take it you mean your link with the photo of the Muslim lady walking past victims on the bridge?

If memory serves right that was challenged pretty much the day after.
Unless every single news item, blog or photo posted online is censored and verified before uploading it's unavoidable and going to happen.
Hasn't Putin accused the US of engaging in false flag news to try to frame Assad of Syria? And wasn't there a story, or is that fake news over a fake news item, that the Daily Mail once pulled an article off it's site reporting the US was going to use chemical weapons in Syria to set up Assad? ( I believe it was removed in case Assad spotted it).

Grrr ..... I'm glad I'm just a pig who converses with humans.

I could, of course, just be politically naïve and not appreciate the devious lengths human world leaders will go to... though I ought not to be after seeing what Napoleon was like on the farm.
Here's one of many news reports. It's not that new and IMO a far more powerful weapon than big guns and missiles. Forums are a favourite haunt....

http://uk.businessinsider.com/russia...16-7?r=US&IR=T
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-11-2017, 11:31 PM

Is it? It sounds like a 70's pop group.

You're right I just googled and found it on wiki though I never trust that too much anymore since reading that the FBI and CIA were caught editing articles there.
Lol, everyone edits on wiki. They had an army of wiki nerds in US basements who would have factual one-upmanship at one point. Then as I understand it the process became more controlled because it was found the wiki nerds had ulterior political motives. There's an alternative wiki site (I forget the name) which posts politically incorrect information that is basically fake news, revisionist histories, racism and conspiracy theories. But the official wiki site has cleaned up its act so only a few uber supernerds (or maybe geeks), are moderating entries. The original model was fascinating, you could go into citations and see all the heated geeky rows with angry red strikethroughs. I've only seen this level of animosity when going through coding commentary on VBA query programming.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top