Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:52 PM

Re: Do you frequent coffee shops...

I had a coffee at one of those places at motorway services but I didn't like it.
All I want is a nice filter coffee served with fresh cream but I can't seem to get one anywhere.

They serve all sorts of different coffee's but not one I like!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 06:06 PM

When i go to town i usually go in Debenhams for Tea or sometimes i go in Waterstones in store cafe ,but if my memory serves me right Waterstones cafe is Costa , I know they were expensive ..When im on my day trips i like to go in small and less busy places ,I hate the buzz of people talking when im there to relax,and also having them walk round me is a no no ....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
When i go to town i usually go in Debenhams for Tea or sometimes i go in Waterstones in store cafe ,but if my memory serves me right Waterstones cafe is Costa , I know they were expensive ..When im on my day trips i like to go in small and less busy places ,I hate the buzz of people talking when im there to relax,and also having them walk round me is a no no ....
Occasionally I'll go to a nice cafe I know where the food is good and fairly cheap...usually as a form of treat for myself.

What I don't get is people who go to Starbucks/Costa every day.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 06:18 PM

We'll this is a thing of mine, everytime we go out, we usually pop into a cafe for either a tea or coffee, and maybe a slice of cake, last Saturday we went to tong garden centre, hadn't been for years but we had lunch there, then Sunday me and her indoors went into town, and we found a nice little cafe in the shambles, ( all the usual cafes, Costa, packet, megabucks and Nero, dowell were all busy) had a nice pot of tea and coffee cake,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 06:22 PM

I don't like anything in starbucks - far too bland but I do like a Costa flat white which we have occasionally along with panini and a muffin.

A recent survey in the paper rated Waitrose coffee the best.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
We'll this is a thing of mine, everytime we go out, we usually pop into a cafe for either a tea or coffee, and maybe a slice of cake, last Saturday we went to tong garden centre, hadn't been for years but we had lunch there, then Sunday me and her indoors went into town, and we found a nice little cafe in the shambles, ( all the usual cafes, Costa, packet, megabucks and Nero, dowell were all busy) had a nice pot of tea and coffee cake,
Sounds nice!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 06:31 PM

I do like a decent cup of coffee so when out of town I go to Starbucks or Costa because I know it will be to my liking. In my own town I usually go to one of several tried and tested independents although the Council Leisure Centre, Spa and Sewerby Park coffees are good and they have a good loyalty scheme.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I had a coffee at one of those places at motorway services but I didn't like it.
All I want is a nice filter coffee served with fresh cream but I can't seem to get one anywhere.

They serve all sorts of different coffee's but not one I like!
Carol, Starbucks do a nice filter coffee with cream but only in their own coffee shops, not the motorway franchises. Paid £1.45 each in York at the weekend, so not overpriced and very generous with the cream.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 06:39 PM

When Mr Mags and I go into town shopping, we always pop into M & S for a coffee, very nice coffee and much better than the independent coffee shops.

Another reason being that it makes shopping more bearable for Mr M.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 06:56 PM

Avoid them myself, local cafe every time much more friendly, i have fond memories from the fifties and sixties hanging out with my pals chatting up the girls.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top