Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 06:44 PM

Re: Dash cams.

That's a very good deal. Thank you.

It's interesting that the new model doesn't have a heat sink, or perhaps it is internal and shunts heat out through the supporting attachment.

I'll keep an eye on that should I ever get a quadcopter.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 09:55 PM

Sainsbury’s petrol kiosk had a dash cam for £20. Had the forecourt not been busy, with drivers queuing up behind me, I would have tried looking at it. The display box was stuck on the larger display so I couldn’t read more about it. I thought it might work as a rear cam, albeit a cheap one.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Go on then, where can I get a Mobius for £60? I wish I'd known that earlier!
Here:

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/mobius-1-ac...v-video-camera

Currently out of stock but they get new batches of them regularly. They will email you when they come in.

Note that this is the "proper" V3 version with the larger 820mAh battery which gives 2hrs recording time.

There's a previous version with just a 520mAh battery that gives about 1 hr recording. You can pick those up for just £49 here:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mobius-a...video-out.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Here:

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/mobius-1-ac...v-video-camera

Currently out of stock but they get new batches of them regularly. They will email you when they come in.

Note that this is the "proper" V3 version with the larger 820mAh battery which gives 2hrs recording time.

There's a previous version with just a 520mAh battery that gives about 1 hr recording. You can pick those up for just £49 here:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mobius-a...video-out.html
Thanks.

Wow, these things just get cheaper and cheaper.

Still, we've got two now so unfortunately too late, but worth keeping an eye on.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 09:48 AM

As you can see from Realist post, Hobbyking is the cheapest place to buy. They also have a UK warehouse in Ipswich.
Although the main depot is in the far East, I have bought stacks of stuff from them in the past.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 09:56 AM

Why not get a nextbase dashcam and hard wire it? no need for any battery fiddling and making sure it is charged up. They are the best according to all reports I have read.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
hy not get a nextbase dashcam and hard wire it? no need for any battery fiddling and making sure it is charged up. They are the best according to all reports I have read.
Yes I have decided to get a Nextbase for my Son in law as his Christmas present. It is just a decision of what model.
Then it will be up to him what he wants to do with it.
As what usually happens on threads, it has gone a bit off topic, but still interesting information.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 10:12 AM

This is mine against the A pillar as a sensor window mesh is huge where it normally would go. Note there is no wiring showing and I have left enough in the roof lining to move the camera to a more window centre if necessary.
Even in this position the view angle still covers the pavements on either side and actually is a little more discrete than slap bang in the middle.

No wires hanging down to interfere with the driver, no worries about battery failure, no worries about switching on and off before/end of trips. placed here no driver distraction either

link to report on which is best

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accesso...u-need-to-know

Mobus dashcams arn't even in the top 8
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-11-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

This is mine against the A pillar as a sensor window mesh is huge where it normally would go. Note there is no wiring showing and I have left enough in the roof lining to move the camera to a more window centre if necessary.
Even in this position the view angle still covers the pavements on either side and actually is a little more discrete than slap bang in the middle.

No wires hanging down to interfere with the driver, no worries about battery failure, no worries about switching on and off before/end of trips. placed here no driver distraction either

link to report on which is best

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accesso...u-need-to-know

Mobus dashcams arn't even in the top 8
I've done the same with both mine and my wife's; run the cable under the trim on the window frame, then under the passenger glove box and emerging at the cigar lighter socket.

My wife leaves hers plugged in, as turning off the ignition cuts the power (Mazda). I remove my cigar lighter plug because power remains on when the ignition is off (Skoda). No big deal, though.

Although the Mobius camera is small enough to go unnoticed to the casual eye, I always remove mine when leaving the car for any length of time, certainly at night.

With regard to the Nextbase models, Which? magazine lists the Nextbase iN-CAR CAM 312GW Deluxe (at £88) as their best of all. The Mobius doesn't even feature in their best buy list at all, I'm afraid, but they probably consider that to be a general camera (for drones, etc) rather than a specific dash cam.

Incidentally, when I got my very first dash cam, a Roadhawk, I initially installed it using the supplied windscreen suction mount, but unfortunately this was unreliable and it kept dropping off. Perhaps that was due to the prevalence of humps and especially pot holes around here! Does anyone find the suction mounts completely reliable?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

26-11-2017, 11:01 AM

When I was playing with the Nextbase that I mentioned earlier, I also found that the suction mount was coming off at inconvenient times.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top