Join for free
Page 6 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 05:54 PM

Re: The Irish Border Problem

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Until all that is left is the grand duchy of London...
Hi

The mayor london is demanding the same deal.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 06:04 PM

Looks like yet again it might be a case of throwing condoms over the border.
As the old joke goes
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 06:09 PM

Afraid that I don't find any of this fiasco funny.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 06:15 PM

Hi

The very least we should do is to ban any Irish fishing vessels from our waters.
Mountaintop
Ireland, Meath
Mountaintop is male  Mountaintop has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The very least we should do is to ban any Irish fishing vessels from our waters.
Why do you say this? Just in case you think I'm being anti British, I'm not. My grandfather, two grand uncles and my father and uncle all fought in the British Army during First and Second World Wars. Two grand uncles killed, grandfather and uncle wounded. I respect and admire Britain. But I live 40 odd miles from the border with Northern Ireland and during the troubles a Loyalist murder gang picked up a young fellow off the street in my town and beat him to within an inch of his life. Just picked him up off the street just like that. I do not want Brexit to be responsible for a return to the troubles by the imposition of a Hard Border. Can you not understand that? The Irish government is being tough because so much more is at stake for us. How would you like it if the roles were reversed? Thank-you
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 10:51 PM

It was on our AM current affairs this morning that the DUP had put the mockers on the idea.

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/adelaide...-issue/9226114
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 11:01 PM

It's just a total shambles. I expected chaos and complications but I never expected Ireland to be the breaking point. To talk of crashing out is crackers. Only numbskulls with absolutely no understanding of how the economy works would consider that an option. It would be the equivalent of a car engine seizing up. I have to question the sanity of anyone suggesting that option.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 11:33 PM

WE have until March 2019 to work out a solution..... Plenty of time imo!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 11:39 PM

The solution is Norway or Switzerland, (or at a push Canada) you still have sovereignty and no Euro but business has a framework and you get benefits for what you pay in instead of wasting 50bn on nothing.

These countries are not stupid in any way, they are sensible and realise that you get what you pay for. They are economically sound and internationally successful. What's not to like? We will end up with a half baked concoction that pleases nobody unless we go for something sensible and pragmatic. If these three sensible countries go for gourmet solutions which include the market and make them rich, then why should we settle for a half-baked listeria-loaded plate of vomit?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The solution is Norway or Switzerland, (or at a push Canada) you still have sovereignty and no Euro but business has a framework and you get benefits for what you pay in instead of wasting 50bn on nothing.

These countries are not stupid in any way, they are sensible and realise that you get what you pay for. They are economically sound and internationally successful. What's not to like? We will end up with a half baked concoction that pleases nobody unless we go for something sensible and pragmatic. If these three sensible countries go for gourmet solutions which include the market and make them rich, then why should we settle for a half-baked listeria-loaded plate of vomit?
Someone's ANGRY!!!

With respect to the DUP they have been making their position clear for months!!

If we give special terms to N.I. then Sturgeon and Kahn will want the same for their regions and that is NOT Brexit.

My suggestion is that we start to rethink what brexit really means and it isn't this fudge proposed by May and Varadker

Page 6 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top