Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 06:26 AM

Anti-bird spikes on trees.

There's got to be a better solution!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-42409884
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 07:54 AM

Re: Anti-bird spikes on trees.

That's awful isn't it? Birds live in trees.
It's like saying let's put some piranha fish in the sea because there's too much cod!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 09:46 AM

I hate them with a passion, where I work they have them rpund the building ledges, week ago a pigeon mistook the window and hit it at speed knocking itself out, fell backwards impaling itself. It took days to die they had to get window cleaner in to climb up and get it

Also cats climb trees other biirds use them too.

Personally I'd put them on whoever had this ideas chair and let them sit on them a few days see if they still think it's a good idea.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 09:59 AM

What a horrible idea
I suggest the residents who can afford "expensive "cars can also afford to find a garage for them or some covering for the communal parking area.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I hate them with a passion, where I work they have them rpund the building ledges, week ago a pigeon mistook the window and hit it at speed knocking itself out, fell backwards impaling itself. It took days to die they had to get window cleaner in to climb up and get it

Also cats climb trees other biirds use them too.

Personally I'd put them on whoever had this ideas chair and let them sit on them a few days see if they still think it's a good idea.
Now that's a good idea!
That poor pigeon though.

I'd never seen or heard of such a thing before, and was quite shocked when I saw them at our hardware store. It seems though that they've been around for a few years.

Let the birdies have their trees!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 10:05 AM

Our car park here is surrounded by trees give off a sticky sap, many of us moan but if they suggested cutting down the trees I think most of us would complain. Nature is natural, things happen that are inconvenient but that's life isn't it, we live alongside it and enjoy the beauty, cars in the scheme of things really aren't that important we need to hurt animals or cut down trees.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Our car park here is surrounded by trees give off a sticky sap, many of us moan but if they suggested cutting down the trees I think most of us would complain. Nature is natural, things happen that are inconvenient but that's life isn't it, we live alongside it and enjoy the beauty, cars in the scheme of things really aren't that important we need to hurt animals or cut down trees.
Same here Julie, it comes from 2 magnificent oak trees .
I have the perfect remedy,don't clean your car a layer of dust and grime makes an idea protection.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 11:09 AM

Our car should be ok then at the moment it's covered in mud .
I spend all my time trying to entice birds in my garden I love to see them .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 11:41 AM

Apart from the appalling idea of it, I wonder how much it cost the council. I know of some ex- council flats that had the spikes installed on window sills and the company charged around Ģ1,000 per metre. No that's not a typo - Ģ1,000 per metre.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 11:54 AM

Sounds like what cyclists do to avoid being attacked by magpies

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top