Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 12:21 AM

No rushing round

At the supermarket today I was surrounded by shoppers with trollies piled high with Christmas goodies.

Apart from a tin of Quality St and some mince pies I haven't bought any Christmassy stuff at all.

The reason being, I shall hardly be at home.
We're out with all the family for a meal tomorrow.

At my son's Christmas day and then on Boxing day going for a pub lunch followed by packing the case - we're off to Warners for four days on the 27th.

It just feels so strange not dashing round, making lists & buying enough to feed an army.

Not sure if I like the feeling or not..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 12:28 AM

Re: No rushing round

Pathetic isn't it? You would think that people are stocking up for a month instead of the one day when the shops are shut. Called into Sainsbury's this PM - just came out with a packet of bacon, some creme fraiche and a bottle of Famous Grouse Black whisky - couldn't stand the pushing and shoving any longer. A trip to a garden centre tomorrow morning for a wreath and that's me done for a while.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 03:42 AM

I don't have anything to do with all the hassle of Christmas, or any pushing, shoving, queueing or waiting. Those idiots are possessed!

I go shopping at times when it will be quiet.
I spent and hour last Sunday getting almost everything bought in the way of presents, the rest were ordered online.
As far as food shopping goes, it was just the general monthly big shop.
We're out for Christmas dinner, so no need to buy anything there.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 12:03 PM

The only Christmas type food I bought on Thursday was a box of half a dozen mince pies. The rest was just my normal shop, for under £20. I will go to my daughter's for lunch, and that will be it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 12:30 PM

Well - it's been Hell on wheels here, but, I think it is finally done. Presents wrapped, except for about 5, all the gaudy stuff up and gathering dust. Dogs stocked up with food, turkey and beef, along with all the trimmings bought.

Just in time before someone went into the side of me and totalled my car with me and my sis.in law in it - but the other party has accepted liability (well they couldn't do other really) and I have a Vaux. Mokka hired out to me, except I am so shook up at the moment I daren't get in and drive it (must get a grip).

Still we will have a good Christmas, nobody was injured and we will have 10 around the table for lunch at our house - not including the 4 dogs who will also be there.

I would like to wish everyone on the forum a Happy, peaceful and safe Christmas and a positive and peaceful New Year.
Regards to everyone. Rena xxx
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 12:43 PM

I don't do my last minute shopping on Christmas Eve, I spread it around the days beforehand.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 12:56 PM

No rushing around and crowded shops here presents bought online a month ago , packed and delivered last week.

I don't eat christmas dinner and gave up cooking it for everyone else a few years ago.
I made goats cheese and red onion tarts tarts yesterday now in the freezer and will make lots of salads to go with them for lunch tomorrow.
Have just made 24 mince pies and will have one tomorrow with brandy sauce for pudding. So thats me sorted .

I am going to my sons tomorrow afternoon, he is doing a cold buffet . They are having christmas dinner today . Tomorrow will be presents and playing with the children which sound like a good idea to me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 01:17 PM

Not too bad in Sainsbury's this morning. I heard someone complaining that it was too busy but I can remember a time in Waitrose when you literally could not move your trolley in any direction. I remember standing talking to someone for about five minutes or so until it improved.

Tbh, I don't mind the rushing around, it's the not rushing around I hate.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2017, 07:49 PM

Not organised at all this year. Did nothing till Saturday when I went to town, had breakfast, bought presents, 12. I'm out for Christmas day and night then I was asked to a meal on boxing day, wont get home till late boxing day evening so not bothered with decorations or tree in fact may not even bother sending cards to the neighbours who haven't sent me one, 4, so cannot see the point as it would be meaningless.
I've sorted out the people who are important to me with cards and presents and that all that matters.

Having a couple of beers at the moment, need to wrap presents and then pack a bag for clothes for tomorrow and Tuesday.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top