Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 04:11 PM

Photo tips and tricks.

I know that members ask occasionally for help with photography. Often the answers can go down the the technical side.

So i thought it might be helpful to have a thread that offers tips or tricks to improve our images and so encourage us to feel confident in this creative hobby.

Horizontals and Verticals.

Probably one of the most noticed aspects of photos i see is Horizontals and verticals out of true especially seas in the background. Beginners and experts alike can miss this.

A very exaggerated example.

All thats needed is a straightening program, most paint or photo editing program have one, but plenty free online just a case of finding one that suits.

http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/11/...en-photos.html

Various methods of doing this, using sliders or mouse wheels, easy to do
this was done by FastStone.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 06:12 PM

Re: Photo tips and tricks.

If I may Nom use your example so as not to confuse

If the picture still isn't what you like you can try converting it to black and white. Don't just scrap it

Most computers I should think be able to do this.
Cloud formations often come out better in B/W than colour
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 08:10 PM

I always say that off level by 1 degree is wrong. 20 degrees is ART
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 08:19 PM

Thank you Nom - I look forward to lots of tips and tricks. I sure needs 'em!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 09:19 PM

Great idea Nom I'll certainly look in....
Is that the lighthouse at Sunderland Nom?
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 11:59 PM

Good tip Nom and looking forward to some more
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:00 AM

Personally, I prefer Nom's picture, because as I have said before, the black & white photo's to me look so cold and sort of 'deathly.'
I would sooner see colour anyday, but I guess it's all down to personal choice at the end of the day,
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:14 AM

Thank you Nom, I look forward to tips and tricks that aren’t too techie...
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2017, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Personally, I prefer Nom's picture, because as I have said before, the black & white photo's to me look so cold and sort of 'deathly.'
I would sooner see colour anyday, but I guess it's all down to personal choice at the end of the day,
Some mono photos have the effect of being ' deathly ' - however, if they are correctly edited, they can enhance the shot and give a dramatic effect. As you rightly say, it's personal choice
gasman
Kent, UK

30-12-2017, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thank you Nom, I look forward to tips and tricks that aren’t too techie...
........... and of course, we have our resident pro photographer Mister_oy who can also answer your techie questions along with Nom.
Both have the relevant knowledge and take amazing photos

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top