Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 02:18 PM

Re: Christmas Done and Gone.

Every year without fail I get at least 3 boxes of ferraro rocher
chocolates, I donīt know why because most of our friends know I donīt like them. I just give them to people who do like them. The bath stuff, which most people always seem to get, I put in the guest room for friends who come to stay to use, it usually gets used up. Quite often later in the year some of it goes to the charity shop.

We have another Christmas to come at the weekend, but it wonīt be bad this year as the main Christmas day here will be Sunday and they donīt take the following day as a holiday, so Monday life will return to normal, for a little while at least. It will however mean yet more flipping fireworks on Saturday night
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 02:23 PM

I don't receive many gifts, I have stopped people from buying them but those I do get which are unwanted (a necklace this year) are reserved for my neighbour's stall at the village fete which pays for the upkeep of the village hall.
There is always someone glad of them.

I used to give unwanted tins of biscuits to St Paul's the local shelter for the homeless. I got lots when I was working.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:25 PM

Is there a Sally Army day centre near you? They provide showers and toiletries for the people who use them and a laundry serivce, they'd be very pleased with them, sore skin problems are very common among those sleeping rough. Last year our local Slimming World lady encouraged all her group to give them all those sweeties and tempting foods they had left over and were trying not to eat in the New Year.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->

. Any suggestions what I can do with the unwanted gifts?
One year I had a lot of smellies I didn't want.

It was ok though - I found out they were from Boots so I took them back & asked Boots if I could swap them for something else.
I ended up with a load of toothpaste, shampoo, toiletries etc but at least I got something I could use.

I would suggest doing the same if you know which shop they were from.

Oh and make a note of who they were from and next year make sure you give them something they wouldn't like.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 12:15 PM

I'm lucky then I suppose. I always get Audio Books. It's well known that I love them and don't mind if they come from a Charity Shop either. They are rather expensive to buy new.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 08:44 AM

I still have stuff in my bedroom wardrobe, intended for recipients for Christmas just gone, but I never saw these people to hand them over! Not even sure it'll happen now.

I have a bottle of Baileys (for my good friend and his GF), two Dove smelly gift boxes for both sisters, boxes of chox, and then a bottle of red wine for Holly's past foster carer, intended for when he was supposed to have her over the holiday. I might see him one evening at puppy class. I don't like red wine so will make sure he gets it.

For my brother and his wife I chose the following. Cheap, but as he declared 'oh, talk about useful!' A couple of weekly paper desk planners, a couple of magnetic note pads, a savings tin, a cheap umbrella, and a few other small bits. They seemed happy.

Bruv is forever needing to write down appointments, or visits, or shopping, so I chose that type of aid carefully. They always talk about saving notes and coins. The umbrella can stay in the car. And there was also an emergency cleaning pack, just tiny, consisting of a wet wipe, a disposable glove and a rubbish bag. Again, something for the car.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 09:50 AM

And at last Azz has taker the tree down.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 02:47 PM

All uwanted Christmas gifts have been passed on to the local Foodbank, and a school (for raffle prizes).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top