Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 04:40 PM

Re: When You Stay In A Hotel, What Do You Keep?

One year we were in a beautiful hotel in Tunisa, stunning it was and the food was very good

It was full of Russians

They not only took bread rolls, they filled carrier bags with whatever they could get their hands on. Fruit, cheese, cold meats, eggs, cakes, yoghurts - you name it, in the bags it went

The poor waiting staff couldn't do a thing as they were seriously out numbered
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2018, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Jazzi, l didn’t expect anyone to admit they take the bread rolls. How do you get them out without being caught or does it all rely on sleight of hand?!!

This is not a confession....but l’ve heard, some people take the toilet rolls but most holders are now locked.
I think some have been known to take light bulbs but l think that was out of pub toilets?!!
Buttering while at the table, then wrapping in napkins and waiting till the coast is clear. . Usually I take a few pastries, or croissants, with butter and jam. Might nick a banana.

I don’t do this in small B&Bs, rather the bigger hotels that usually provide this sort of thing. On the continent, for instance.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 11:59 AM

year after year I see people taking food like fruit, cakes, bread rolls and biscuits from the hotel restaurant. You can recognise them straight away as one of them comes in with a large beach bag.

They come back from the buffet with plates laden with cakes and rolls which its obvious theyre not going to be able to eat at one sitting.

They look around in a shifty manner and sometimes get their partner to stand up to attempt to shield the “thief” from the rest of the diners. It never works! They just look like the ridiculous cheapskates they are.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top