Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:24 PM

Re: Garden chair

Forgive me, Susan..... but I also laughed!!

It’s a shame that no one filmed it happening and you could have sent it off to, ‘You’ve Been Framed’!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:28 AM

Isn't it odd. When something happens to us like that, our first concern is whether anyone witnessed it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Such a lovely afternoon says I to myself , I'll go and sit in the garden . I'm enjoying a cuppa when suddenly there was a tearing sound and my bottom fell through the seat , my arms and legs in the air with my head stuck firmly on my chest and bum stuck fast , I had to roll over onto the grass and pull myself out . I was so pleased no neighbours were around to see , how embarrassing ! The size of the tear where my rear end went through too !
I must admit I laughed too.

Never seen one actually tear because they are usually made of really tough canvas (or its equivalent), it is usually one of the plastic fittings or hinges that snaps which consigns them to the bin.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Such a lovely afternoon says I to myself , I'll go and sit in the garden . I'm enjoying a cuppa when suddenly there was a tearing sound and my bottom fell through the seat , my arms and legs in the air with my head stuck firmly on my chest and bum stuck fast , I had to roll over onto the grass and pull myself out . I was so pleased no neighbours were around to see , how embarrassing ! The size of the tear where my rear end went through too !
hi susan - I no where you live now - got the whole thing on video and sent it in to you've been framed to collect my £250 and it was a great laugh
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 10:40 AM

Oh so funny Susan!
It's usually those white plastic patio chairs that lie in wait for people!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 12:19 PM

We haven't seen her since yesterday. I hope she is ok.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 07:02 PM

Susan, is the chair saying, you are putting too much weight on. lol, sorry had to say it, you're probably size 10.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
hahaha, wished we had a video
It would have been worth £250 on You’ve been Framed, you could have bought a new chair
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 06:56 AM

Hi everyone , I'm fine , been busy as a friend staying over for weekend . Taking the chair to the tip today . Susie, I wish I was a size 10 , my rear end wouldn't have been firmly wedged in if I was .

I'm glad I've given you all a laugh , my friends are all asking me to wedge myself back in and do it all again sos they can video it for the £250 .

I'll get a hardier chair next time
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2018, 07:01 AM

So funny Susan...glad you weren't hurt by to booby trap chair

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top