Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 05:21 PM

What is the most money you have wasted on something?

For me it has to be the teeth whitening service I used a couple of years ago. £495 and my teeth were whiter for perhaps 2 weeks. I do brush them regularly but they are the same shade as before treatment.

How about you? Perhaps you have loaned money you never got back, or bought a car which turned out to be a lemon.

EDIT: I have put this in the music section, perhaps a mod would kindly move it to general.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 06:19 PM

Re: What is the most money you have wasted on something?

Not sure how much exactly but every single penny I spent on my second wife from the moment I spoke to her for the first time to the best day of my life when I was told we were no longer married.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 06:36 PM

Nothing every penny I have ever spent has been done with care. Money has always been in short supply but I have never been in debt or borrowed money except for a mortgage.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 07:53 PM

£4250 on a Rolex two tone submariner. Biggest pile of junk for the money ever...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:00 PM

Not many years ago, l was a car snob!!
Flash, high calibre cars were my weakness!! I didn’t care about how much they lost in depreciation.

These days, l don’t care, as long as the car, gets me from A to B!!
Even my chauffeur driven bus will do!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
£4250 on a Rolex two tone submariner. Biggest pile of junk for the money ever...
What, exactly, is wrong with it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:14 PM

"Er indoors", not just joking, if anything maybe photography. One has to have some sort of hobby so not really wasted money as i get a lot of satisfaction from it
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:18 PM

Nothing, we are very careful with our money, as we have never earned a lot of wages in the past.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
What, exactly, is wrong with it?
Appalling timekeeping from day dot (and still is), despite being returned three times. This is meant to be cosc certified but never keeps time to cosc standards. I've owned £50 Seiko 5's with better timekeeping.
Stops when it feels like it despite being fully wound.

The centre links in the bracelet are hollow and not solid gold, and the bracelet feels like it cost a tenner. I've had considerably better bracelets on £200 Citizen watches, which would put the Rolex one to shame.

The watch does not feel substantial when you pick it up, feels kinda light and cheap.

Every Omega I've owned has a better / more impressive finish.

I'm not alone either. Three friends have the normal s/s sub and have also had the timekeeping issues. Another buddy bought a brand new Explorer II which stopped working after a week as the auto wind rotor had fallen off and jammed the movement.

Overpriced pants imo.

A well known watch guru gave his opinion on the subs years back and his conclusion? - "They're an ok £500 watch" - says it all really. (Note his sarcasm, as at the time they were around £2850)
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2018, 08:57 PM

I once spent over £500 on a LLAMA ( a Spanish copy of a Colt Python) .357 magnum with a 9” barrel, customised pachymir grips and a red dot sight....it was a beast, especially with hand loaded FMJ rounds, the reloading kit cost a bomb...a couple of years after purchasing Dunblane happened, all handguns banned...bugger!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top